This is an interview I have recorded with Will Morgenweck, the VP of Product Management for DNN Corp. He was the founder of Active Modules which was acquired by DNN Corp. back in 2011. Back then, he had created very popular social modules including Active Forums and Active Social.
During the interview we have discussed about his past with Active Modules, his current role with the DNN Corp. and what's new and wonderful on Evoq 8, which was just released. We have talked about the internal processes they go through to decide what to include in a new release as well as the many new features of Evoq 8. We also came to terms with our bloody past :).
- 0:00 - Introductions
- 1:11 - A funny story - Coming to terms with a bloody past :)
- 6:30 - Active Modules acquisition
- 8:40 - What does a "VP of Product Management" do?
- 10:00 - A look at priorities and processes
- 14:30 - Selling to Marketing as opposed to IT
- 17:30 - The Evoq 8 audience
- 19:50 - Evoq Social (no more) and Evog OnDemand
- 21:50 - Evoq Pricing and Packages
- 25:40 - Evoq 8 - The New PersonaBar
- 29:00 - Evoq 8 - Less Complexity
- 31:10 - Evoq 8 - The Editing Process
- 33:50 - Evoq 8 - Analytics
- 36:50 - Evoq 8 - Real-time Personalization
- 40:00 - Evoq 8 - The Connectors
- 44:50 - Evoq 8 - Advocate Marketing
- 46:30 - Evoq 8 - Final Considerations
- 47:50 - Future Trends
- 50:00 - Closing