As you may know, there have been many new and exciting things happening at DNN in the last month. Haven’t heard all the news yet? Keep reading below for the latest updates and events from DNN.
First, there are a few new additions to dnnsoftware.com:
- The DNN Platform Roadmap lists planned releases with their expected dates and focus areas. Check this page to find out what you can expect in future versions of the Platform, and when you can expect them!
- The Community Events page is your one-stop-shop to see upcoming Community events, such as conferences, Community Hangouts, webinars etc. You can learn more about this page in Joe Brinkman’s recent blog, and if you know of an event that needs to be added, please let us know!
Many of the recent changes/additions have been designed to give the DNN Community a greater role in managing both the DNN Platform and the Community itself, and four Working Groups have been established (comprised of members from both DNN Corp and the DNN Community) to discuss plans for the following areas:
- Architecture Group, led by Charles Nurse
- Website Group, led by Ernst Peter Tamminga
- Localization/Internationalization Group, led by Peter Donker
- Training Group, led by Will Strohl
Whether or not you have been very active on dnnsoftware.com in the past, as Store users, you are an important part of the Community, and we hope you will remain/become an active member of the Community of DNN users! One simple way to get more involved is to attend our next webinar -
Mark your calendars for next Tuesday, September 16 at 9:00 AM PDT to join Will Morgenweck, VP of Product Marketing, DNN and Mitchel Sellers, CEO and Director of Development, IowaComputerGurus for a webinar about the benefits of moving to the latest release of DNN. Topics covered in the webinar include:
- The importance of upgrading
- Where to find upgrade tools
- How hosting providers and partners can help
- 10 things to do BEFORE you upgrade
- How to obtain the proper version of DNN and schedule planned maintenance on your website
- When (and how) to back out of the upgrade
- How to validate your DNN Modules during the upgrade process
- QA and Validation to know the upgrade worked
Would you like to get more involved in the DNN Community? Leave a comment below with any particular areas of interest!