Chances are, if you’ve recently been involved in building a website for a business, you’ve heard about content marketing (whether you know it or not). According to the Content Marketing Institute, “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Further, “It is non-interruption marketing. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more intelligent.”
And creating meaningful content for target audiences is not just for businesses; schools, churches, gyms, government agencies, non-profit groups, and organizations of all sizes are tasked with the challenge of continuously creating valuable content that informs their audiences. With the website at the center of most interactions between a business or organization and its customers/users, it is important to have tools within the site to easily create and distribute content, and as a DNN user, you have many options:
- Now on version 7.0, the EasyDNNnews module for publishing and managing articles, news, events, press releases, and editorials has a 4.99 star rating from customers, like the one below, and offers a free 15 day trial.
- Also offering a free trial, Mandeeps.com’s Live Blog includes multi-author support, an advanced comment system, and integration with many services such as Twitter, Disqus, Akismet, Google ReCaptcha, Feedsburner, and Live Writer.
- In addition to using DigArticle for blogs or news, the custom fields and template features allow users to adapt this module for additional needs including biographies, idea sharing, magazine sites, business directories, obituaries, or real estate listings, with a 15 day free trial available.
- With a 5 star review average and a 60 day free trial, you will want to be sure to check out CrossArticle, which can also be used for news, articles, blogs, surveys, and more customized listings such as cars, real estate, and product catalogs.
- Receiving positive reviews for both product quality and support, DNNArticle’s features include unlimited levels of categories, content moderation, email notifications, comments and rating, with a 15 day free trial available.
Have you used any of these modules? Share your feedback in the comments below.