This DotNetNuke module allows users to submit questions. Admin can assign roles that can ask questions and answer questions. An email will be sent to an email address when a new question is submitted. The user who asked the question will receive an email when the question is answered. FAQ can be displayed or hidden. The module is built under VS 2017 and DotNetNuke 7.1.2. It can work with DNN 7.1+ including the newest DNN 9.2.
- Featured FAQs can be shown on top.
- Email Notifaction template.
- Support sub categories.
- Support import content from Core FAQ module
- User FAQ submission: allow users ask questions.
- Email notification: An email will be sent to an email address when a new question is submitted. The user who asked the question will receive an email when the question is answered.
- Role based: Admin can assign roles that can ask questions and answer questions.
- Inline answer edition: authorized users who can answer question can inline edit answers and need not go to another page.
- Display Order Settings: faqs can be ordered by question and date, asc or desc.
- Support Display Template: you can define template for normal users and template for admin users.
- You can Import content from Core FAQ module from Advanced FAQ 4.0 version.
- Support Ajax: using Ajax to save loading time.
- Pageable: you can set page size.
- Categories: FAQs can be organized by category. You can create unlimited levels of categories. And you can set an icon for each category.
- Sub Categories: it supports sub categories. You can create sub categories as many as you want.
- Categories sub module: a sub module to control the FAQ display by category.
- FAQ search sub module: a sub module allows users to search FAQs.
- FAQ List sub module: a sub module to display FAQs.
- FAQ center: by using this module, you can create a FAQ center. You can add a FAQ module in an admin page and create categories for it. Then you can “clone” it in different pages and set different category for each page. The all questions from different pages will come to the FAQ module.
Ask and answer question
Users can ask a question by clicking the “Ask a question” link. If the Ajax is enabled, there will be a pop up dialog.
User can enter his email. If there is an answer, he’ll receive an email.
After a new question is submitted, an email will be sent to the email address that is set in settings.
If the Enable Ajax is disabled, the user will be lead to a new page to ask a question.
The user who is assigned to answer question can edit the FAQ.
There are two ways to answer question.
The module uses Ajax to support online edit answers. User who can answer question can edit answer question by clicking pencil icon of the answer label.
Editor can also click the pencil icon to go to the edit page to edit question and answer. He can also hide the FAQ by setting “IsDisplay” unchecked.
By using this module, you can create a FAQ center. You can add a FAQ module in an admin page and create categories for it. Then you can “clone” it in different pages and set different category for each page. The all questions from different pages will come to the FAQ module.
Import FAQs from core FAQ module
Now you can import faqs from core FAQ module.
First, please use the export function of core FAQ module to export content.
Then you can find the FAQs file in Admin->FileManager
Now download the file and upload it to your portal.
Then select “Import From Core FAQs” in the module menu:
Select the file you uploaded and select a category and click import link.
Now the content from Core FAQ module is imported into the Advanced FAQ.
FAQ Search sub module
The sub module allows users to search FAQs by entering key words.
It is depended on DotNetNuke core search engine. So please make sure the search schedule is set to enable.
You should configure it in Settings page first.
FAQ List sub module
This sub module can display existing FAQs. You can set display number and display template. You can also set it to display FAQs by chance(randomly).
|1 Portal License
|1 production DNN Protal
1 test Portal
|1 production DNN installation
1 test installation
|Multiple portals installation within your enterprise portals