- Allow distribution with Amazon AWS Simple Email Service (SES)
- Create a cookie within both the standard and simple opt in email module that will be created when a user subscribes
- Now enable the jQuery Watermark feature within the simple opt in email module (previously only allowed on the standard module)
What's new in v 5.0?
- Ability to create "Template Sets" for newsletters. Template Sets allow you to setup a dynamic set of variables to collect from the end user (which is an admin / user sending the newsletter) that would then be "Plugged Into" the newsletter. For example, instead of the user now having full "HTML" access to the newsletter, the admin can define maybe 5 text box areas, two headlines, and two images. Then… When the user starts to fill in the data for the newsletter, the system can replace those specific areas of text with the FULL WYSIWYG template.
- New "TABS" interface to quickly navigate within sending a newsletter through a wizard experience. As features are enabled/disabled the tab would no longer appear (such as if you did not offer things such as a text-only newsletter etc.)
- Ability to test the opt in email verification emails with a new "Send Email Test" within the main Opt In Email module configuration control panel
Minor Enhancements / Fixes:
- First / Last Name can now be visible but optional now when collecting the subscribers information
- Optional watermark features for first name, last name, and email address within main Opt In Email and Simple Opt In Email module
- Ability to send BCC now to the entire distribution list
What's new in v. 4.4?
Lots of updates to make newsletter distribution easier that ever!
- Support for latest DNN 6.x HTML Editors and injecting tokens expand content and layout options!
- Send out your messages quickly by injecting module content, dynamic or static, into your newsletter. You pick and choose the module from the list and simply click "Inject." Significantly cuts down on building your email content.
- Simplify your admin interface by customizing controls and hiding features you might not use or need such as a non-personalized version, text only, and others.
- Tracking links? Eliminate all the extra steps and let the new auto-link tracking feature create link tracking definitions for you.
- Maximize your read-count per newsletter with the option to distribute email during business hours only.
What’s new? Enhancements in 4.3
In Opt In Advanced Email:
- Easily select to publish or unpublish a newsletter in the Previous Newsletters module (in earlier versions, you could only set this property when creating a newsletter).
- New Search and Filter features offer easier management. Filter the newsletters list based on opt in list and search the newsletters by subject or message.
- ‘View Logs’ now available for each of the module's scheduled tasks (newsletter distribution, email campaigns, and bounceback protection). You can now view the history of the tasks directly within the module interface itself. You can also clear the history, refresh the history, and kick off the scheduler right from the module.
- The Bounceback Settings allows you to forward emails that were not marked as bounced to another email address. This feature protects you from missing potential
sales emails or valid questions from clients who respond back to you directly!
In Opt In Previous Newsletter Module:
- Previous Newsletters can now be displayed for a single newsletter or for multiple newsletters
What’s new? Enhancements in 4.2
In the Main Opt In Email:
- SMS Text Mode: Enable this mode to allow for SMS Text #’s instead of email addresses. When the SMS Text mode is enabled the user will be presented with a request for their phone number and choose from a dropdownlist of mobile providers. The initial list is already set up during installation but you can modify the list of providers as needed.
- Manage subscribers enhancements:
- New feature to ‘Resend verification link’ when managing subscribers.
- Users subscription date/time included within search grid.
- New ‘Global Manage’ feature allows you to execute actions for multiple subscribers at once. Choose ‘Select All’ or check each subscriber and choose to set their subscription to verified, opt them in or out of lists, remove subscriber. Selected actions will be executed against each subscriber selected.
- List Import enhancements:
- Now import Opt In Email Extended Fields within both CSV import and SQL Import options
- Now import from existing Opt In Email List
- Enable a ‘Check All’ feature above or below opt in lists so your subscribers need not click multiple times to opt in to multiple lists.
- New feature to display different ‘Opt Out’ messages when a subscriber opts out of all lists vs. subscribers who have just managed opted out of specific lists.
- New Enhancements for Extended fields. Features include ability to setup short field name, help text, and sort order within the user interface.
In the Opt In Advanced Email:
- Increased Performance -- tested against database with lists of 100,000+ for maximum performance!
- Enhancements distribution reports, statistics, and charts. See screen shots of the sample reports below:
- Enhancements for email campaigns and link tracking definitions: Clone/Copy Email Campaigns/Link Tracking definitions.
- Set up emails to include file attachments and be sent in text or HTML modes.
- New ‘Web Display’ token to include within newsletters, this token can be used for emails such as ‘Can’t read this? View this newsletter on the web’. The link will generate a view of the newsletter directly on the website.
- Ability to optionally hide Opt In Lists for initial subscriptions. This has been requested in the past and is now a feature included within the release. The feature is useful when you only have an individual opt in list and don’t want to force the user to check that they want to opt into the list.
- Optionally Inject Portal Stylesheet directly newsletters and emails
What’s new? Enhancements in 4.1
- Content Localization - Now you can setup the module to have multiple opt in lists/subscriptions and layout based upon the selected language. View Demo
- Force SSL Option - Now force all links within the module to optionally be SSL
- Alternate Settings - Additional alternate settings have been added to specify alternate encoding, SMTP, and an alternate portal alias.
- Inject Module Content - New tokens were added to allow you to inject specific module content directly into newsletters. When the newsletter is distributed, the module content will be directly inserted into the email without the container and skin.
What’s new? Enhancements in 4.0
Opt In Email Enhancements
- Control panel / dashboard w/ AJAX for easy administration of opt in
lists, subscribers, configuration and options
- Extended list import features includes SQL import… Now you can import from CSV, Excel,
- SQL, and DNN® Security Roles
- Layout enhancements including in-line editing of display layout, ability to use link buttons or
- image buttons, hide help icons, and new style sheet classes throughout
- Optionally now notify the administrator of new subscribers
- New email options throughout! Now setup ability to use from email names and reply email
My Newsletters / Advanced Newsletter Enhancements
- Now directly search, view statistics, clone, and save/delete draft newsletters
- Email Campaigns - Now setup a series of emails allowing you setup campaigns, so that when
a user subscribes will automatically receive an email every ‘x’ days from each other, so they
will not receive Email #2 until they have received #1, etc… Email Campaigns run on their own
schedule and allow you to easily create dynamic content that all subscribers can receive based
on specific rules that you define.
- Bounceback Protection / Reports – You can now setup bounceback protection for newsletters
and email campaigns. The application will check your system for emails that have bounced
back (and sort through out of office replies etc…) and log these for List Cleanup reports and
- List Cleanup – View reports based on failed emails and bounceback protection along with
actions to optionally remove subscribers from the system .
- Extended Newsletter Tracking – You can now control newsletter tracking including the ability to
track newsletters based on a pre-defined image of your choice or by including a style sheet
linked within your newsletter. Tested and proven success with applications such as Microsoft
Outlook® to prevent spam and invalid reading results.
- Link Tracking – Now include link tracking with your newsletters and email campaigns. Link
tracking has extended features besides just reports… You can even define an email to go out if
a subscriber clicks on the link!
- Enhanced newsletter and email campaign statistics including counts of subscribers/distinct
who have read newsletters, link tracking reports, subscribers who have opted out, failed emails
and bouncebacks, and much more. Reports and statistics also include details such as the last
read date/time of the subscriber and their browser etc…
- Enhanced interface throughout the module including Distribution Dashboard of recent activity,
and newsletter creation improvements for testing, saving draft newsletters, copying newsletters, and viewing quick statistics.
Whats New? Enhancements In V3.0
Email Tracking – Now track the success of your newsletter.
- Distribution reports show the number emails that go out to users and which of those users have actually read the newsletter!
- Email tracking includes tracking how many times they have read the newsletter, their IP Address, and their browser type.
Layout / other enhancements
- Optinally hide help icons within main Opt In Email module
- Optionally ‘auto’ load authenticated users Opt In Email subscription
- Specify category defaults (if opt in email list is auto selected/checked upon load)
- Now maintain module stylesheet directly within module settings
- Now optinally specify a base header tag to use when distributing emails
Whats New? Enhancements In V2.6
Now schedule newsletters to be distributed on a particular date / time -many options for scheduling newsletters including the ability to specify an amount of emails to be distributed per scheduled distribution. For example, send only 100 emails per hour until the distribution finishes. Specify the scheduler to run every based on any time frame (By minute, my hour, by day, etc...)
Additional logging features for scheduling, distributions can be sent in test module where the emails will go to a specified test email.
New opt in email category options for sort order and distribution security role.
Whats New? Enhancements In V2.5
Previous Module - Previous Newsletters. Utilize the Previous Newsletter module to display previous newsletters distributed through the advanced newsletter module automatically. When creating a newsletter to go out just select if you would like for it to appear in the user-facing previous newsletter module.
Import List feature. Import lists directly from excel/csv file directly into the categories specified. Additional importing features allow you to import all users within a DotNetNuke Role. Concerned about importing duplicates? Don't worry, the Opt In Email List Import will only import new email address's.
Many other new and extended features including additional administration settings, more opt out email options, and a new quicker data layer.
Enhancements In V2.0...
Opt In Email
- ‘Simple Opt In’ extra module that only includes the very limited basics (no managing opt in info or other items that fill up the page). This new module is useful for a right or left column on a home page or to just keep it simple on any page.
- Ability to include Extended Fields for the Opt In Email module. Extended fields can be in the form of a textbox (long, short, multiline), dropdownlist, checkbox, or radio buttons. Full reporting and maintenance can be done on these extended field items.
- Portal specific maintenance - maintain lists, categories, and extended questions tied specifically to the portal. Only Super User Accounts can change or maintain other lists/categories and what portal they are tied to.
- Several enhancements to layout and design. You maintain the text for ‘Subscribe Me’ link and ‘Go’ link. Additional settings allow you to have the labels and fields displayed on same line or separate line.
- Maintain and view previous newsletters sent out through the system along with who they were distributed to.
- Easily select from a previous newsletter to start a new newsletter from a template
- Enhanced newsletter parameters. Include variables with each newsletter for the user (i.e., Dear $(FirstName)…)
- Additional Opt Out features included so that users can opt out of a particular category, or opt out of all categories
|Q. Can I use the module(s) on several pages on my site?
||A. Yes, you can have multiple instances of the modules across your site.
|Q. What if I have several portals on the same DNN installation?
||A. If you only have one DNN installation, your Standard edition will work for you across multiple portals.
|Q. What license will I need if I have several sites?
||A. The Enterprise Edition is a license for as many DNN installations that you directly own and operate. This, however, does not include a license to redistribute to clients. You may purchase Standard or Enterprise licenses on behalf of your clients so they have their own licenses. However, if you wish to purchase 1 license that will allow you to install at unlimited # of client sites, then you will need the Developer License.
|Q. What kinds of customers will need the Developer License?
A. The key factor for the Developer License is re-distribution. Here are some examples where the Developer License will be required:
- A web developer who will install the module(s) in multiple client sites.
- A franchise company who operates applications using our modules across multiple franchisee websites.
- A business entity with independent contractors where the business entity provides website templates using our modules for various sites to operate the independent contractor's business.
|Q. What do you mean by “direct access to Data Springs support.“
||A. For customers who have the Standard or Enterprise license, this means that the customer can contact Data Springs directly via the Contact Us (Support) Form or a Snowcovered HelpDesk ticket for questions and for problem resolution. The same is true if you have the Developer License. However, If you obtained your modules through a developer using a Developer License, please course all questions through this developer. The developer can contact Data Springs for issues that need further assistance. Please see our Data Springs Support Agreement for more details.
|Q. Please explain your policy regarding access to patches.
||A. All Standard, Enterprise, or Developer licensees can access patches within your Snowcovered.com account under Patches and Hotfixes and/or MyDownloads. However, if you obtained your module through a developer, please contact your developer directly to access any available patches.
|Q. What about the Upgrade Path and Discounts?
||A. As a Standard, Enterprise, or Developer licensee, there may be automatic discounts available to you when you upgrade. Please see our Upgrade Policy for details. If you obtained your modules through a developer, please contact your developer for product updates and pricing.