MC Custom DataView for XMod Pro - RSS Datasource
The Custom RSS DataView allows users to display an RSS / XML feed in DotNetNuke pages through XMod Pro Templates.
Benefits & Features:
We developed this RSS custom datasource so that we could use XModPro-managed code to display a feed of XML data in DNN pages. This can be used as-is to return a long or short column of recent RSS items, or it can be combined with jQuery and CSS in a variety of displays in your DNN site. Remember, because it's XMod Pro, you can easily edit and customize your module setup as needed!
- Easy to Use - Just plug in your RSS URL. That's it. This is a read-only, efficient datasource intended to retrieve your feed items quickly, easily and cleanly.
- Reads in Records like a Database! Read RSS posts (feed items) into XMod Pro just like any other data source.
- Data is Page Rendered – Unlike traditional feed and RSS modules which use a client-side script to fetch and load info, this RSS Custom DataView for XMod Pro renders the text content as part of the page data just like other data/records, not after page load. This gives the page full Google search credit for the indexed content.
- Fully Customizable Design & Layout – You have control over the full layout code, structure, setup of list structure with full design control over XMod Pro template code and CSS to make the feed match your website.
- Works with many standard XMP functions such as pagination, xmod:select for filtering/if-case-else actions. Can be combined with show/hide actions and CSS to display some records, all records, scrolling lists of records... it's up to your imagination!
- Multiple Example Layouts - Includes starter layout XMP template examples for a standard RSS feed list, a tabbed set of several feeds that show top 3 newest posts, and an example template setup in the mortar "staggered cards" style of layout.
- RSS API
- RSS Feed
- RSS Module
- RSS Widget
- XMod Pro
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
Remember, we are continuing to update and enhance the control with new features from your requests and from our ongoing use of the control in client projects. Be sure to let us know your suggestions and requests!
To use this custom dataview within your XMod Pro templates, simply add the REGISTER tag to your template for the MooreCreative Views RSS library, then follow instructions for customization and options within the new data view, mc:RssView.
The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro template as a starter example for you to work from.
Tokens available for use within in the XMod Pro template (ItemTemplate)
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal