Not every DNN instance that we work on has 10 portals in it. But for the ones that do have 10, 25, or 80+ portals in one DotNetNuke instance, reviewing information in the Host > Portals (or Host > Site Management as it's known now) DNN page can be painful. The core DNN page is a basic utility. It does not allow you to set how many portals to show on one page before paginating, does not allow you to sort or search and has limited data displayed.
Whenever MooreCreative sees a DNN admin or utility item that needs work, we turn to XMod Pro! We have developed this Module Kit for XMod Pro out of our direct use of this tool on client DNN instances with multiple portals (one with 244+ portals) to help us manage and review portal information.
Benefits & Features:
This administration utility provides a listing of all portals within a DNN instance. At a glance you can see quick information such as numbers of pages, number of modules and top domain alias. Remember, since it is built with XMod Pro code, you can easily edit and customize the module as needed!
- Easy to review all of the portals on the DNN instance on one screen
- You can set pagination and search as needed
- Easily edit the list to include details/queries that you need to review and compare across portals (as an example we needed to see the total number of modules across each portal as an indicaiton of whether setup of that portal was complete)
- With the EDIT form, quickly make basic changes to Portal data such as Title, Logo/Icon, Copyright, etc.
- Quick link to the top domain name/alias for each portal
- Quickly see who is setup as the administrator for each portal
- Expand and customize as needed!
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!