XMod Pro 4.4 - Forms and Views for Databases
posted by DNNDev.com - 7/12/2013
DNNDev.com Active Since 4/20/2004
(5 total reviews for DNNDev.com in the last six months.)
Ask a Question
3 users are watching this product.
XMod Pro is now compatible with Windows SQL Azure Database!
XMod Pro Runs on DNN 7.x (6.x, 5.x and 4.5+)
"XMod Pro allowed us to quickly build custom functionality for the dnnsoftware.com launch. Because of its speed and versatility, it is one of the very few third party modules that we allow on the site."
- Joe Brinkman, Technical Fellow and Co-Founder, DNN Corp
Build Just About Anything With XMod Pro!
XMod Pro is a DotNetNuke module which allows you to create your own dynamic forms, lists and customized DNN solutions - you can even use it to enhance other modules! Use XMod Pro as a platform to build custom functionality in your DotNetNuke site. Why search for the perfect DNN module, when you can build it yourself?
You can build product catalogs, inventory trackers, real estate or rental listings, Excel export files, RSS feeds, school course listings, employee directories, news articles, book reviews, slideshows, surveys, email forms, contact forms, dynamic custom forms, data grids and tables, you name it. If you have a vision for your custom DNN module, you can build it with XMod Pro.
Save Time and Money - Quickly Build Custom Applications with XMod Pro
Have you wondered how to create a module in DotNetNuke? Or needed to create a custom solution or new, customized module functionality for DNN? Whether you hire a programmer, use one of your staff, or do it yourself, building a custom application for your website is expensive, both in time and money - and that's just for one project.
What if you could invest a small fraction of that time and money and build not just one project, but 10... or 100? That's what XMod Pro offers - the ability to quickly create as many custom solutions as you need. And it's backed by the experience of DNNDev.com which has been producing best-selling dynamic custom forms modules for DotNetNuke since 2004.
Click on the Tabs to Learn More!
What's New in Version 4 of XMod Pro?
- Build Dynamic Registration Forms: Don't be limited by the default registration process. Build stylish, accessible registration forms for your DotNetNuke website. Include the basic user information like Name, Address, Username, Password as well as custom profile properties you may have defined in your site. You can even automatically add them to one or more roles.
- Build Custom Login Forms: Simple, easy, and as beautiful as you can make it. Leverage the full power of XMod Pro forms to craft the ultimate login form.
- Add and Remove Roles from Users: Ever wanted to allow people to automatically sign up for a service? Now you can. Create a form that will automatically add them to a DNN security role upon successful submission of the form. If they later want to stop the service, you can create a form that will remove them from the role.
- Awesome New Editor: XMod Pro's editors keep getting better with each successive release. In version 4 we've taken a huge leap forward to increase your productivity. The new editor has color syntax highlighting, line numbers, auto-complete of XMod Pro tags and properties, search and replace, block indenting/out-denting, and multiple un-do. It even has pop-up tag designers that will prompt you for the tag properties and then generate the tag for you.
- DNN Search Integration: Using a custom query, combined with field tokens and your text, you can make sure the DNN search engine indexes and returns exactly the information you want.
- Secured Feeds: Feeds can be used to supply RSS, XML, Comma-Delimited (CSV), Excel exports, JSON data, and just about anything that can be output in a text-based format. Now they`re even more powerful because you can enable them to be viewed only by members of specific DotNetNuke security roles. See the Easy AJAX section for a great new feature that leverages feeds.
- Easy AJAX: AJAX is such an important part of websites these days, we've added a number of new features to make this easier for you to implement:
- AJAX Buttons, Links, and Clickable Images: Simply give these buttons the URL you want to retrieve and the element on the page into which you want to place the results and you are done. You can even specify a "loading..." image and XMod Pro will automatically place it in there. You can use these in both forms and templates.
- Load Feeds Inline: Now you can embed your feeds directly into your pages quickly and easily. Similar to the AJAX buttons, you specify the name of the feed you want and where in your page to put it. You can have your feed automatically load when the page loads, or load in response to a button, image, or link click. You can even provide a "loading..." image that will display and then hide when the process is complete.
- Conditional Redirects: After successfully submitting the form, you can now send your users to different URLs depending on values from the form. For instance, if the user is submitting a feedback form and selects the Sales department from the Department drop-down list, they can be redirected to the Sales page. If they chose Technical Support, they can be sent to the help desk.
- Silent Posts: Sometimes you just need to send some data to a URL but you don't want to send the user there as well. Perhaps you've created a newlsetter sign-up form but you use MailChimp to send your newsletters. Now your form can silently send that signup data to MailChimp and redirect the user to your own thank-you page.
- Enhanced Template Builder: You can now have more configuration options. Choose which columns to include in your template, whether to include a detail template, choose which command buttons (add, edit, etc.) to include, set their display (button, image, link) and text, and even set which roles are allowed to perform those actions.
- Share Forms and Templates Across Portals: We've implemented an new ability to make forms and templates "global" in scope. Global forms and templates can be used on all of your site's portals. This greatly simplifies maintenance for multi-portal sites since you only have to make changes in one place and those changes will automatically propagate to all your portals.
- Improved Database Interactions in Forms: With these you can
- Use that newly created record's ID in your form's success template
- Display a friendly "duplicate record" message to your user, prompting them to try again
- Display errors thrown by your database when trying to save a record
- Work with a value returned from your stored procedure
- Better Email Notifications: We continue to improve email handling. Emails can now have a "Reply-To" property set and they can use secure SMTP servers (like Gmail) if your site is configured to use them.
What's New Since Version 4 of XMod Pro?
- ADDED: SQL Azure Compatibility
- ADDED: New <Include> and <xmod:Include> tags that allow you to inject raw text into the page. Very handy for inserting often used HTML snippets or shared blocks of text/html/script.
- ADDED: JSON output in XMod Pro Feeds via the new <xmod:JsonFeed> tag. This makes it a snap to integrate your data with jQuery plugins and JS frameworks that use JSON as their data format.
- ADDED: Snippets. Text Editors now have access to a user-definable set of code snippets which you can create and insert into your forms, templates, and feeds.
- ADDED: new MetaTags child tag - <Redirect Delay="integer" Url="string" />. This allows you to insert a 'refresh' meta tag that redirects to another URL. This can also be placed inside an <xmod:Select> tag so the redirect can be conditional based on data.
- ADDED: [[User:LastLoginDate]], [[User:CreatedDate]], [[User:Website]] tokens.
- ADDED: [[Page:Name]], [[Page:Title]], [[Page:Id]] tokens (idea credit: Kenneth Blue)
- ADDED: <xmod:IfEmpty> and <xmod:IfNotEmpty> template tags which will render their contents if the Value property is empty or not, respectively.
- ADDED: Placeholder property to <TextBox> and <TextArea> This allows you to provide the user with informational text inside the control when it is empty as a usability enhancement.
- ADDED: "If" property to <AddToRoles>
tag. This allows for conditionally adding roles to users.
- ADDED: New DateAdd token. The token allows you to return a date relative to the current date.
Got Project(s)? Get XMod Pro!
Display your data in virtually limitless ways
XMod Pro doesn't force you into a cookie-cutter layout. Display your data exactly the way you want, designed by you. Use paged list views, grids, bullet lists, numbered lists, comma-delimited lists - even as a slideshow. Any style of code you can create in HTML is available. Go beyond the basic DotNetNuke form and list presentations and combine multiple views into a single display. For example, have a list of employees on the left and display a detail view on the right that will display the employee's bio when you click his/her name in the list. There's practically no limit on how you layout your data.
Create Beautiful, Usable Forms
Design your forms with a standard two-column layout with labels in column one and controls in column two - or break the form into four columns, or put your labels on top of the controls, or use our tabstrip to put your form fields on multiple tabs, or do something completely different. Then, give your DNN form some professional polish by adding a pre-built or custom designed theme.
Enhance DotNetNuke & Extend Other Modules
You can even use XMod Pro to enhance other DNN modules you have installed by working directly with their records and database tables to create custom “data mash-ups”. Combine records from different modules, creating reports and exports, additional “featured items” or “newest 5 items” lists and more! For example, create a list of recent posts from Active Forums, or a report on the download activity from Document Exchange (DMX).
Experience the Power of Direct Database Access
Get the performance and flexibility that direct access to your database provides. XMod Pro enables you to write your own SQL commands and/or stored procedures so you are in control of the data. You can not only access data in your DNN database but in external SQL Server databases as well.
Announcing XMod Pro Module Kits! - Pre-made XMod Pro Solutions (20 and growing!)
Our XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free to XMod Pro customers! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom solutions for DotNetNuke! Check Out Our Growing Module Kit Library of XMod Pro solutions, techniques, examples, and demos, to get your project started quickly.
Rapid DotNetNuke Development - Get Started Fast, Customize As Much or as Little As You Want
If you have tackled building your own DotNetNuke module, then you know how complex DotNetNuke module development can be! When creating new functionality for your DNN site with XMod Pro modules you can go from concept to working module in hours instead of weeks. More than just a form and list builder, XMod Pro is an application development platform where you can quickly build complex, custom DNN applications and solutions.
Smart Management Tools
You get an AJAX-based control panel that quickly responds to your actions. Create new DNN database tables quickly and easily within the control panel. Then generate forms and views from your tables in just a few clicks. Apply custom or pre-built themes to your forms. See how it all looks with LIVE previews that show validation for your forms and live data for your views.
Get Started Fast, Customize As Much or as Little As You Want
Read More - Go To Next Tab »
What Our Customers Are Saying:
“XMod Pro (XMP) Is An Awesome Tool: Being an experienced software developer and a XMP user since beta version 9.0 I must say I'm impressed with what XMP brings to the table; if you are a DNN administrator or designer, this is something you really must have.
“Best DotNetNuke-Module I Know!!! I used it daily for about 3 months and I have to say I'm deeply impressed. Very versatile, support is fast and they are improving it (adding new features, fixing) all the time. Plus very good value for your money as your entitled for updates for one year!”
-- Michel Weber
“Thanks again for all of your hard work on XMod Pro. It really has been instrumental in us being able to get our project completed in a timely fashion. We created more than 75 templates and 25 forms with XMP, which literally saved us months of development work
. This is clearly the module I've been waiting for since I was introduced to DotNetNuke more than 3 years ago.”
-- CJ Johnson, Director of Operations
(soon to be announced social networking site)
“First a quick thank you. I've been catching up on my XMod Pro syntax since I got a late start on working with the product and I have to say that I'm impressed!
I thought that I would have to learn VB Script or C#, build my own module, and then I would be able to write a module that would write directly to a database. This is amazing! I already have built a database (something that I've never done before), written a template to display simple information from it, and an add form to add records to the database. Thanks Kelly for everything!”
-- User MeRauluka (via our forums)
Beautiful Forms Made Easy
The XMod Pro Form Builder is the ultimate easy-to-use form creator! You can create a highly styled, professional looking form from one of your DNN database tables in under 1 minute!
With the Form Builder, you can take one of your DNN database tables, select the columns you want to include, drag-n-drop to re-order them, change the layout, add a theme, and see all your changes dynamically reflected with Live Preview.
Watch the Form Builder in Action (4:26)
- Form Builder: Generate forms for DotNetNuke in a snap! Build your form with ease of drag & drop and style it in minutes with the integrated design/style of jQuery UI.This form generator gives you complete control to create custom DNN forms for any use quickly and easily.
- Designer Themes for Forms: Use one of the included form themes or roll-your-own using the jQuery UI ThemeRoller, a point and click way to create a theme that matches your site exactly.
- Full Set of Controls: See the full list of form fields and features below for our set of form controls. We continually enhance our controls and add more form field types based on customer feedback.
- Customizable Data Sources: The Form Builder, if you use it, will get you started with the necessary data commands for your form, but you can easily modify them to fit your needs. You have complete control over the data for the form. You get a Select command that executes when the form first loads - useful for pre-populating the form with existing or default values - and a Submit command that executes when the user submits the form. These commands can be standard SQL commands or stored procedures - and they take parameters. Parameters can come from hard-coded values, POSTed values, and values from the URL.
- Data-Bound Controls: Add list fields to your form that are fed by a query from your database. Plus, you can link list fields to separate queries, making it easy to setup "lookup" records or relationships between records in different tables for dropdown lists, multi-select lists, dual lists, etc
- Create Your Own Custom Controls: If you can build ASP.NET controls then you can build your own custom controls that plugin to XMod Pro forms.
- Use your own HTML and CSS: Tweak the form builder-built form or build your own. You have complete control to layout and style your form. Create super DNN forms with exactly the style, layout, organization and look that you need. Easily enhance and modify the form code with your own HTML tweaks, jQuery enhancements and CSS styles and rules.
- Forms Send Email Notifications: You can define one or more email templates which can be sent when the user submits the form. Emails can be sent to multiple addresses, can have a file attachment, and contain data that was submitted in the form. It is easy for you to receive email notifications when a form is completed and to send out multiple email alerts and auto-responders to users and more.
- Localization & Roles In Forms: All Form information is fully localizable. Labels and data can be localized. You can even have distinct forms and different data commands for each language and XMod Pro will dynamically the form based on the current language. This allows you to present a different layout or different set of form fields and data commands based on the user's current locale.
Determine which DNN Roles can add / edit data and delete records. Additionally, you can create form fields and sections that are available or hidden to specific DNN Roles to, for instance, allow administrators only the ability to edit or fill in specific form fields.
- Form Redirect After Submission: Optionally define a URL to send your users to after submitting the form. Data from forms can be sent as URL parameters (form GET / URL query string) or sent as form POST parameters.
- Form Submission Success Messages: Thank your user for their form submission, provide additional links and more. Use text, HTML and data from the submitted form to present your users with a message after they've submitted the form. You can even define a specific message when adding vs. updating a record.
- Use Dynamic Values In Your Forms: Use dynamic 'run-time' values from the environment in your controls and in your data. Pre-fill a feedback form with the DotNetNuke user's name and email address for instance. There's a large list of variables that you can work with such as tokens for: the current user's DotNetNuke UserID, email address and more from the DNN Users table, any custom user profile property that is created (from the DNN UserProfile table), DNN system values such as the Portal ID, page/tabID, , the user's IP address and much more.
- Separate Add and Edit Forms: Many times you may want to change the look of your form or modify how it functions based on whether the user is initially adding/creating new records or when they are editing existing data. XMod Pro enables you to define a separate form for each and will automatically load the correct one based on the current editing mode.
- Live Preview of Forms: See how your form will look by previewing it. You can even trigger validation to verify that your validation works and that the validation messages display as expected.
- XMod Pro Online Help: When editing a form, help is a click away. Need to remember the syntax for a particular control? Choose it from the drop-down list and the complete help topic pops-up, complete with syntax, usage notes, attribute descriptions, and an example.
Read More - Go To Next Tab »
Available Form Controls
||Required Field Validator
||Radio Button List
||Regular Expression Validator
||Calendar (Date Picker)
||Dependent (Cascading) Lists
|Panel (with Role-Based Visibility)
| Built-in Form Controls: Use the default set of powerful form controls to build a variety of different types of forms and functionality. Mouseover each item for further examples and details for the form elements.
Create Custom Form Controls: Need a specialty control for your form? Create your own! You can build ASP.NET server controls to work inside XMod Pro forms. Need us to build one for you? We can do that too.
Create Full-Featured Data Displays In A Snap!
We've also made it easy to display your data. Just a few clicks and you've got a grid, bullet list, numbered list, etc. bound to your table and ready for display or further editing.
These are full-featured displays. They include a paged, list view of your data. Each record also includes a detail button that, when clicked, will display the detail view for that record. Plus, XMod Pro provides the ability to delete the record and, if you pair your template with a form, your users will be able to Add records and Edit them too!
Data Display Template Features
- AJAX Views Your users can quickly page through your data, view details, search, sort, and delete records all without a full page refresh with the fully integrated AJAX option in template views. Extend these custom displays even further with your own additional AJAX controls.
- Multiple Views In A Single Module Original to XMod Pro, this innovative feature allows you to craft a more complete application experience. You can mix and match multiple views in one module instance and lay them out with HTML. Even better, clicking a button in one view can trigger updates to one or more other views.
- Feeds New to v. 3 - Now you can create RSS feeds, XML exports, Excel exports, and more using the new Feed building feature in XMod Pro.
- DataList View New to v.2.5 - While you can achieve a "liquid" horizontal layout of records using the standard view using CSS there are times when you need to ensure only a certain number of columns will be displayed in each row - for a product or image gallery, for instance. We've added DataList view to accommodate that. Within the view, you can also specify the direction the records will be placed into the grid (left-to-right, then top-to-bottom or top-to-bottom, then left to right).
- Searching, Sorting, and Paging Built In Provide XMod Pro with a little information about your data and it will setup a search box and sort box for your data. Paging is automatic. All of these features are customizable. Advanced searching is possible by passing values into the page via the URL or POST. Create a custom search form using XMod Pro and use that to perform an advanced search.
- Localization You can detect and react to the current locale to retrieve localized content. XMod Pro can dynamically load a different view based on the current locale. Plus, XMod Pro's Format tag enables you to format dates and currency according to the current locale.
- Display and/or Filter Using Dynamic Values Work with the user's email address, name, ID, custom profile properties, the portal's ID, user's IP address, etc. Filter and/or sort your data based on one or more URL values or POST'ed values too.
- Role-Based Permissions Built-In Determine which DNN Roles can add, edit, delete, and even view details in templates.
- Multiple Data Sources Grab data from the DNN database or an external SQL Server database.
- Enhance SEO Capabilities with MetaTags XMod Pro gives you the ability to dynamically add-to or change the page's Title, Keywords, and Description. Use hard-coded values, environmental data, or data from the database.
Powerful Template Controls
|Meta Tags - Dynamically update your page's Title, Keywords, and Description. A great aid to Search Engine Optimization
|Format - Text, Numbers, Currency, and Dates. Plus, cloak email addresses from bots.
Read More - Go To Next Tab »
"I just created a template from a table in 3 seconds! Awesome Release!"
-- Angus Beare, Gus Caraway Design
Get The Most Out of XMod Pro Module Kits!
Every day, our customers around the world are using XMod Pro to build an incredibly varied portfolio of DotNetNuke solutions for themselves and their clients. Whether you're building a simple contact form, a news article management system, or something more complex, we've developed these Module Kits to give you a jump-start on your next project and, more importantly, as an educational tool. Feel free to take apart these kits and see how they're put together. Then, use those techniques in your own XMod Pro solutions.
Check Out Our Growing Kit Library at DNNDev.com
A library of 20 different XMod Pro Kit solutions, techniques, examples, and demos, to get your project started quickly.
SlideJS jQuery Slideshow
An example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro templates when creating module items for DotNetNuke like an image slider, image gallery or slideshow. This example uses the popular jQuery plugin SlideJS. Uses: It can be used to display any type of image gallery. There is no fixed limit to the number of images in the slideshow, as it will add icons/slides for every image returned in the recordset. Use this as a base code to create your own customized module or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
Get This Module Kit »
Contact Us Form with jQuery Validation
While everyone loves the easy-to-use, built-in validation and messaging that is default in XMod Pro when working with forms, we sometimes get requests for examples using more advanced jQuery styles and validation. This demo shows elements of XMod Pro and jQuery.
Get This Module Kit »
CoolIris Flash Image Wall / Image Gallery
This incredibly popular, flashy Image Gallery from CoolIris started out as the PicLens Flash Image "3D Wall" and later became CoolIris. Now, years later, there are desktop and iPhone and Android versions of the photo gallery. This Flash-based version is free to include into any website and instantly ads beautiful, lightning fast 3D Image Wall excitement to any image collection!
Get This Module Kit »
XMod Pro Feeds and Exports
The Feeds feature of XMod Pro allows you to create RSS Feeds and File Exports from your data in DotNetNuke. As an example to show off the flexibility of the Feeds we have put together a "Starter Kit" which provides examples and starter code for creating reports and exports in many popular file formats including CSV, Excel, RTF, Word, and more.
Get This Module Kit »
FullCalendar jQuery Calendar
The FullCalendar jQuery plugin is a full-featured calendar display ready for use in your XMod Pro projects. When combined with the back-end and functionality of XMod Pro and DotNetNuke, FullCalendar can become a professional, fully customizable display for your event and calendar-based data.
Get This Module Kit »
Scrolling News Ticker
Intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news info, this news ticker has a slick set of features that make it more than the average slider. It can be used to show external RSS feeds of information (for instance external news article feeds, twitter feeds, facebook feeds, etc., OR use your own XMod Pro RSS Feed), or it can be used to show the newest articles and information from other DotNetNuke article or event, blog modules, or you can connect it to your own completely custom built XMod Pro article solution and external database records.
Get This Module Kit »
Vertical Content Slider
Intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news info, this content scroller / slider has options to help customize it for your needs including complete control of the style CSS, formatting, and content. Use it for links and text, but don't forget images, events and other types of content that are great to present in a scroller!
Get This Module Kit »
Featured Content Scroller
This is a great item to use as a basis for a news article slider, newest text/entries slideshow, etc. More than just an image gallery, it is intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news content in a nice way in a compact area. In this example setup, items marked as Featured in the database are shown with more details such as title, subtitle and description, while the rest are shown with just images and titles. Use this as a base code to create your own customized module or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
Get This Module Kit »
What Can You Create With XMod Pro?
What kind of dynamic, customized DNN Forms do you need to make with XMod Pro and the custom Form Builder? Build the following kinds of forms for your website:
What kind of dynamic, customized DNN module are you looking for? You can search for modules built by others, or you can built the perfect solution yourself with XMod Pro! When you create it yourself, you can tailor it to exactly fit your needs for design, layout, actions, functionality and more. Easily build the following kinds of module functionality for your website:
Efficient Editing And Management Tools
Managing Your Forms and Display Templates: XMod Pro makes it easy to manage your forms and data displays (templates) with dedicated management pages in the Control Panel. You get one-click access to Edit, Copy, Rename, and Delete Items. It's all done with AJAX, so the interface is quick and snappy.
Live Preview: With a single click you can get a quick view of how your form or template would look at run-time. In forms, you can click buttons to trigger validation (records will not be added or modified). With templates, if you have records to display, you'll be able to see how the template looks with LIVE data!
Enhanced, Inline Editing of Forms and Templates
Beginning in version 1.4 you have one-click access to edit the form and/or template for each module. Make your changes, click Save and you're done. The editor is also used in Manage Form/Template pages. PLUS, the editor is vastly improved, giving you quick and easy access to put XMod Pro tokens, tags, and controls into your form or template. You also get some niceties like Tab-to-Indent and one-click online help.
Uses AJAX for Speed: Like the rest of the Control Panel, the editor uses AJAX to keep the UI responsive.
Integrated Database Table Designer
Now there's no need to fire up SQL Server Management Studio to whip up a quick prototype database table. You can create basic tables from within XMod Pro. Use the built in table creator to create columns, name them, select a data type, allow Null values, mark the column as an identity field, and set default data values. PLUS: You have the option of having a form and template automatically generated from your newly created database table. It's a great way to get started on a project or prototype some ideas.
XMod Pro Licensing – Designed for DNN Professionals
XMod Pro now includes DNNDev's new all-subscription model that is built with DNN Professionals in mind.
Free Staging/LocalHost - Each license entitles you to run XMod Pro on your “localhost” environment for development purposes without requiring licensing.
Automatic Upgrade Protection - Every developer license comes with a complimentary one-year subscription that covers free module upgrades for one year. This means that, from the date of purchase, you will receive all XMod Pro updates including minor and major versions for one year.
What's New In XMod Pro?
All New Point-And-Click Form Builder - Now you can create and edit your data-bound forms. Have XMod Pro auto-create a form to get you started, then add/remove/modify controls to meet your needs.
RSS and Data Feeds - Need to supply an RSS feed or an Excel export to your users? Now you can create customized data feeds within XMod Pro.
Custom Data Commands - In addition to standard CRUD commands, you can add custom commands. For instance, with these commands you could setup a button to approve a record or do anything else you need in the database.
AJAX Views - Now your users can page through data, view details, search, and sort - all without a full page refresh.
Localization - Change your text, content, even your layout based on the user's current language.
DataList View - Easily display your records in a grid pattern - perfect for image or product galleries
Character Count on TextArea - Set a property on the multi-line text box and it will limit the number of characters a user can type and either display a character count or a character countdown.
Enhanced Email Notifications - Added CC and BCC capabilities to the already robust email notification and alert functions which allow you to setup multiple email actions upon form submission.
"Wow! XMod Pro is the best choice for any serious and *rapid* database driven form and application development with DNN. I know: I paid for and tried at least 5 others. Result? Misery and delay.
Wish I'd gone with XMod and XMod Pro first. XMod radiates qualityfrom the modules and documentation to the peerless support. I'm not looking back - thanks XMod Pro!"
-- David Gerding
"If you create applications with tables beyond those in the core DNN framework, you need this module. It will save you dozens of hours of low-level coding, which just is not necessary when using XMod Pro 2. This is a well-designed module, and is much more of a development tool than a simple grid module. Support for stored procedures with DNN tokens as parameters allows development of secure applications rapidly. Two thumbs up AND 5 stars."
-- David Leininger
"Best DotNetNuke-Module I Know!!! I've used it daily for about 3 months and I have to say I'm deeply impressed. Very versatile, support is fast and they are improving it (adding new features, fixing) all the time. Plus very good value for your money as your entitled for updates for one year!"
-- Michel Weber
"I have to say XMP has proved rock solid over the past few months. Compared to many modules I've used lately it is a joy to work with."
-- Angus Beare, Gus Caraway Design
This could be the last module you ever buy!
So, what are you waiting for? Pick up your copy of XMod Pro today and start building the powerful, flexible DotNetNuke solutions your clients are craving!
Each license purchased entitles you to use XMod Pro on 'localhost' for development purposes as well as on a single production (internal or public-facing) DNN install (defined as a single DNN database). Within that single DNN install, you may use XMod Pro on as many portals as you'd like.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
1. READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING:
YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PURCHASING THE LICENSE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE. BY PURCHASING THE LICENSE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND UNDERSTAND THAT THEY WILL BE LEGALLY BINDING ON YOU, ANY END USER, AND THE COMPANY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM, OR DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE BINDING ON YOU, YOU SHOULD NOT PURCHASE THE LICENSE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE.
It is hereby understood and agreed that KnowBetter Creative Services LLC (“Licensor”) is the owner of all right title and interest to XMod Pro (“Software”) which you are about to purchase a license to use and download. You, as licensee (“Licensee”) through your purchase of this license to use the Software do not acquire any ownership rights to the Software. The Software which accompanies this license is the property of Licensor and is protected by copyright law. Licensor reserves the right to transfer it rights herein and ownership interest in the Software. In the event Licensor transfers its rights herein and ownership interest in the Software, such transfer shall not affect the rights and obligations of any party to this agreement and this agreement shall remain in full force affect.
This is a license, not a transfer of title or ownership to the Software. In consideration of the payment of a license fee, Licensor hereby grants Licensee a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the Software on a single production website and an unlimited number of development websites. However, the websites the Software is used for, whether production or development, may only be used with a single DotNetNuke database.
For the purposes of this agreement, “development websites” are defined as a website or websites used solely for configuring, testing, and developing applications with the Software prior to installation of the Software on a production website for a single DotNetNuke database. For the purposes of this agreement, a “production website” is defined as a website running a single DotNetNuke database, which may be either a public-facing web server or a private server running on an intranet. Under no circumstances may the Software be used on more than one DotNetNuke database without purchasing additional licenses.
A. The license is effective until terminated. Licensee may terminate it at any time by destroying the Software together with all copies thereof.
B. This license will terminate upon conditions set forth elsewhere within this Agreement or if Licensee fails to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. In such event, no notice shall be required by Licensor to effect such termination.
C. Upon termination of this agreement, Licensee agrees to destroy the Software together with all backup copies, modifications, printed or written materials, and merged portions in any form, or return same to Licensor at Licensee's expense.
5. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Except for the initial downloading of the Software on a hard disk or for archival/backup purposes as provided for above, Licensee shall not, without Licensor's express written consent:
(1) Copy or reproduce the Software in any way.
(2) Use the Software on more than one DotNetNuke database without purchasing additional licenses.
(3) Transfer, distribute, modify or translate the Software, or any portion thereof.
(4) Disassemble, decompile, or otherwise reverse engineer the Software or any of its data in any way, shape, or form.
(5) Distribute License Codes, in whole or in part, for this product to any other party.
This license does not entitle Licensee to any upgrades. Licensor may, at its sole discretion, make certain free patches and service packs available to Licensees.
This license, if purchased with a subscription, entitles the Licensee to certain free upgrades, patches, and service packs made available by the Licensor during the subscription period.
Any license to use any upgrades, supplements, add-on components, patches, and service packs to the Software subsequently provided by Licensor, whether purchased or not, are subject to the same terms and conditions as provided herein. Licensor reserves the right to supplement this agreement with additional terms along with any subsequent upgrades, supplements, add-on components, patches, and service packs to the Software.
A. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LICENSOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is with you. Should the Software prove defective, you (and not the Licensor) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
B. Licensee shall assume responsibility for the selection of the Software and for the installation, use, and results obtained from the Software.
C. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
D. By purchasing license to use and download the Software, you agree to accept all liability regarding its use or misuse.
In no event will Licensor be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use such Software even if Licensor or its authorized dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party. Some states do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
11. JURISDICTION AND DISPUTES
A. This Agreement and the Limited Warranty shall be governed by the laws of Arizona.
B. All disputes hereunder shall be resolved in the applicable state or federal courts of Arizona. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of such courts, agree to accept service of process by mail, and waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses otherwise available.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND SEVERABILITY
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties, and revokes and supersedes all prior agreements, oral or written, between the parties, and is intended as a final expression of their Agreement. It shall not be modified or amended except in writing signed by the parties hereto and specifically referring to this Agreement. This Agreement shall take precedence over any other documents that may be in conflict therewith. IF any provision of this Agreement is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
LICENSEE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTANDS IT, AND BY PURCHASING THE LICENSE TO USE THIS SOFTWARE AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
SQL Server 2000 and later
4.5.5 and later
For using the administrative and design features of the module we recommend IE9, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.