Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN is an open source module from Aspose that links your DNN users to Google/Gmail contacts without requiring any other software. It uses powerful features of Aspose.Email for .NET to allow you to easily sync your Gmail contacts and DNN users. The contact details from Gmail and DNN user profile are smartly mapped so that all the information associated with a DNN user or Gmail contact is migrated properly from one system to the other.
This initial version of the module is enriched with the following cool features to make the sync process effective, simple and easy to use.
- Google/Gmail server credentials are encrypted and saved in database so that you don’t have to enter them every time you use this module.
- Sync all or selected Gmail contacts to DNN and vice versa.
- Option to select one or more DNN roles when performing Gmail to DNN sync.
- Existence of every contact/user in the destination system is checked before migration to make sure that the sync does not create duplicate records.
- The contacts migrated to Gmail are put in Other Contacts group so that you can verify and move only required ones to My Contacts.
- A brief summary of the sync process is shown upon completion.
Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module
Gmail to DNN Sync
DNN to Gmail Sync
In order to setup Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module you need to have the following requirements met:
Please feel free to contact us at if you wish to install this module on an older versions of DNN.
Installing the Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module
You can download the Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN module from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your DNN website:
- Log into your site as either Host or another Supersuser level account.
- Navigate to the Host menu and select Extensions.
- Click on Install Extension Wizard.
- As directed, browse to the location of the downloaded ZIP file, select it then click Open.
- Click Next, accept the license and continue through the install.
- When finished, click Return.
Please check this module installation video from DNN for more details.
Note: If you get an error while uploading the module this is due to the maxRequestLength limit in your DNN installation’s web.config. Open web.config and update maxRequestLength to 20MB by setting maxRequestLength=”20480″ and try to upload the module again.
Using Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module
After you have installed Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started
- Make sure you are logged-in to DNN as a Host or Admin level account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module.
- Select Modules followed by Add New Module from the top ribbon.
- From the list select, Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN and drag it to a place of your choice on the page.
You have successfully installed and added Aspose .NET Gmail Sync for DNN Module to your page. You will be presented with three simple options to get started
- Gmail to DNN Sync
- DNN to Gmail Sync
- Gmail Server Settings
You will asked to enter Gmail Server details when clicking on any option for the first time. A simple form takes all the required details to connect to your Gmail account and then these details will be encrypted and saved in the database for later use.
Gmail Server details
Note: You can get Client ID and Client Secret of your Google account using the steps explained on http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/emailnet/Create+project+in+Google+Developer+Console
Once the sync process is completed, a brief summary of migrated records count and list of records that already existed and are not imported is shown.
Your feedback is very important to us. Please feel free to provide your feedback and raise feature requirements and we will always be keen to implement customer driven features since we are a 100% customer driven company.
Please check this video to see it in action.