(19 product reviews.)
Powerful gallery for photos, video, audio, and documents
Now with video and audio encoder!
Video & Audio Gallery
New in Gallery Server Pro 2.6!
- Video and audio encoding
- Revamped upload adds drag and drop, multi-file selection, client-side image resizing,
- Up to 15x faster SQL CE performance
- iOS support (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
- Smarter caching
- Dozens of bug fixes and tweaks
- No restriction on file types - supports all images, video, audio, and
- Automatically encodes images, video and audio to web-optimized
- HTML5 support for native video and audio playback of WEBM, OGG,
OGA, and OGV files
- AJAX enabled HTML/CSS presentation
- Built-in Flash and Silverlight video and audio players
- Tight integration with DotNetNuke users and roles for
advanced security scenarios
- Community galleries - each user can manage their own gallery
- Customizable user interface
- Built on the same code base as the popular
stand-alone version of Gallery Server Pro, which has been around since 2005 and
has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times!
- Free forum-based technical support
- Promoted by Microsoft in their Web Application
- Stand-alone version is free, open source software released under
the GNU General Public License; DotNetNuke version has flexible low-cost licensing.
Albums can contain ANY kind of media object
Built-in Flash and Silverlight players for video and audio
Photos and Images
- Supports ALL image types.
- Images appear instantly — Intelligent pre-fetch predicts the photos
you are about to view and downloads them ahead of time.
- Auto creation of bandwidth-friendly images with option to preserve
- Image metadata extraction. Supports these formats: EXIF, XMP, tEXt, IFD,
- GPS data automatically extracted and linked to Bing or Google
- Auto thumbnail image creation of most image types, including
PhotoShop (PSD) and EPS images. (Some file types require the installation of the
free GSP binary pack)
- Slide show feature.
- Rotate images from within the gallery.
Beautiful image rendering with convenient toolbar for common admin tasks
Resizable, movable window shows metadata tags
Video and Audio
- Supports ALL video and audio types.
- Powerful, customizable encoding engine automatically creates
web-optimized video and audio files*
- Auto-thumbnail from video*
- iOS support: Watch media on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad
- Built-in Flash player is used for MP4 (H.264), M4V, MOV, and
Flash video (F4V and FLV).
- Built-in Silverlight player is used for WMV, WMA, MP3, ASF, and
ASX files. Playback begins immediately - no waiting for the entire video to download!
- HTML5 support for WEBM, OGG, OGA, and OGV files.
- Built-in DIVX support.
- Intelligent plug-in detection: Users missing a necessary plug-in
are automatically prompted to install it.
- Video/audio codec and duration is extracted and stored as metadata.
(requires free GSP binary
- Configuration settings let you customize the behavior (examples:
auto-start on page load, width and height, show button for downloading file, etc.)
* Requires free GSP binary
A built-in Silverlight player is used for all .WMV, .ASF, and .ASX videos.
H.264 .M4A, .MP3, and .WMA audio files use Silverlight, while other audio files
automatically use the most appropriate plug-in.
- Supports ALL document types.
- Common document file types such as PDF, TXT, and HTML are rendered inside
the gallery using an iframe.
- Auto-thumbnail shows preview of actual file for PDF, TXT, and
HTML files (requires free
GSP binary pack).
- Download button allows easy downloading of documents
Several file types, such as the Adobe PDF document shown here, render directly inside
- Any snippet of HTML can be added as a media object, allowing
for embedded videos from other websites such as YouTube, CNN, metacafe, etc.
attacks and other potential vulnerabilities.
Add video from YouTube and other sites.
- Simple and intuitive user interface.
- Thumbnails are created from nearly all file types, including videos.
Support for images includes all common types plus EPS, PhotoShop (PSD), PDF,
TXT, and HTML.
- Handy, thorough popup tooltips are everywhere. You may never
need to consult the 200+ page Admin Guide,
but it is there if you need it.
- Real-time feedback of file transfer progress as you upload files.
- Image metadata — Handy popup window shows date picture taken, shutter
speed, keywords, title, and more.
- Video/audio metadata — View codecs, duration, and other information.
- Quickly find your media with the powerful
built-in search engine.
- DNN search integration — Includes
built-in search engine that provides even more functionality than the DNN seach.
- Smart menus and toolbars adapt based on the user's authorization for the
- AJAX-enabled for faster UI and less postbacks.
- Multi-lingual ready — Resource files are used for all static
Thorough, built-in documentation
Menu and toolbar only allow actions the user has permission for.
Album and Media Object Management
- Automatic thumbnail and compressed image creation when you add your original
hi-res images. No need to reduce or compress your photos first!
- Media library can be on the local hard drive or any UNC share, including
- Supports read-only views of your existing media collection.
- Media objects remain on the file system, reducing the database footprint
while providing maximum flexibility and performance.
- Sophisticated synchronization function allows Gallery Server Pro to recursively
search a designated directory on your hard drive for media objects, creating thumbnails
and compressed images along the way—very useful when getting started or adding
a lot of files!
- Powerful web-based management of albums and media objects, allowing you
to add, edit, and delete from any web browser.
- Flexible watermarking options—specify text and/or image file, size,
location and opacity. Watermarks are rendered on the fly as images are sent to the
user — the original files are unchanged.
- Dozens of built-in templates provide optimized HTML rendering
for the most common media types. For example, WAV files are rendered using the HTML5
audio tag to all browsers except IE, which receives HTML that specifies the Windows
Media Player plug-in. Templates are fully customizable.
- Windows support: Imports titles, keywords (tags), ratings and other information
added with Windows Explorer.
- Zip file support! Upload a single zip file, and Gallery Server Pro will
automatically extract the media objects. If the zip file contains nested directories,
albums are created to represent each directory.
- Caption defaults to title metadata item if present; otherwise
the filename is used. Caption is fully editable.
- Captions can contain HTML to support a rich UI.
- Rearrange the objects in each album using simple drag and drop.
- Move or copy objects and albums to other albums and galleries.
- Delete one or many objects from an album.
- Easily delete the original high resolution images to save disk space,
keeping only the compressed thumbnail and optimized image.
- Assign any image in an album to be the album's cover image.
- Customizable compression quality and dimensions for thumbnails and compressed
Powerful synchronize function quickly turns your directories and files into albums
and media objects.
Flexible watermarking safeguards your work while leaving original files untouched.
Use HTML in summaries and captions to create visually impressive layouts.
Quickly rearrange objects with easy drag and drop.
Web Site Management and Security
- Gallery Server Pro installs quickly with a simple
- Gallery Server Pro installs as a SINGLE module
that is highly configurable.
- Support for zero-maintenance community galleries.
- Support for multiple galleries.
- Powerful security model integrates with users
and roles to provide a high degree of control to albums.
- Powerful security model integrates with DotNetNuke
users and roles to provide a high degree of control to albums.
- Dozens of configuration settings in an easy to use Site admin console.
- Built-in error handling and logging
- Regenerate thumbnails and compressed images on demand.
- Your choice of database: Zero-configuration, ACID-compliant
SQL CE database or Microsoft SQL Server for mission critical applications.
- 100% managed code written in C# and ASP.NET.
- Handles hundreds of thousands of media objects. Limited
only by hard drive space and internet bandwidth.
Setting up user albums (community galleries) is as easy as checking a box.
Give existing roles the desired access to the gallery or create new roles to handle
- DotNetNuke 5.0 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.0 or higher
- Application must run in Full Trust
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or higher,
or a compatible web server, such as
UltiDev Cassini Web Server
- Optional: SQL Server 2005 or higher, including the
free Express versions. It does not have to be installed on your server, but it must
be available on the network.
- Optional: SMTP server (required if e-mail functionality
- Any modern web browser (IE 5+, Netscape 6+, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome)
Choose the license that best fits your needs. View license agreement.
Professional — Full functionality, unlimited number of media
objects, can be installed on unlimited number of portals in a single DotNetNuke
installation. No source code.
Enterprise — Includes all features of the Professional version,
plus source code.
Both versions include free upgrades to all 2.6.X releases.
Watch the video
Creator and Lead Developer
"An excellent product"
- Samir Ahmed, Government of Dubai
"The best I have seen so far for ASP.NET galleries,
and probably best of any gallery app"
- Mike Hamilton, Surprise, AZ, USA
"A really beautiful implementation"
- cedrox, Paris
Gallery Server Pro is created by Tech Info
Systems, an Independent Software Vendor in Fort Atkinson, WI, USA
We are currently developing a module for a client and we are considering using your module. We want to purchase Enterprise version because we need some customization on the code. This development will be done on our own development server before being ported to client's production server?
Will we 2 separate licenses in this case? 1 for development server and 1 for the actual production server? Or just 1 license is sufficient since the module will only be deployed on 1 server eventually.
A: One license is sufficient.
Q: Hi Martin,
We have DotNetNuke 6.1.5 installed on Azure. If we installed the Gallery Server Pro module on the Azure instance of Dnn would all the features work as normal?
Answer: Do you mean the storage of media files in Azure or running the entire DNN web app in Azure? Regards, Roger Martin
Question: Hi there, Please could you let me know if the Gallery Server Pro 2.6.1 module is compatible with Windows Azure? Many thanks, Vivien
A: I don't know much about Azure so I can't answer with certainty. However, if you are able to run the regular version of DNN on Azure, then I would assume you can run the GSP module as well.
Q: Hi there,
Please could you let me know if the Gallery Server Pro 2.6.1 module is compatible with Windows Azure?
A: Do you mean the storage of media files in Azure or running the entire DNN web app in Azure?
Q: What GSP version is available for DNN
A: The latest version of GSP is 2.6.1, and it is available as a DNN module as well as the stand-alone open source version.
Q: Can you tell me as is if it is possible and how complex is it to allow registered users to create an album and upload content to it.
I am assuming it will work on DNN V6.X.X
A: It is very easy. Just go to the Manage Roles page in the Gallery Server Pro admin area (click site admin from the Actions menu) and give the registered users role the desired permissions.
Q: I noticed that version 3.0 of the standalone Gallery Server Pro product is expected out sometime this year. How much longer after that will it be before we can expect version 3.0 of the DNN module?
Also, if we purchase the DNN module now, will the version 3.0 upgrade be included in our purchase? Or will there be any kind of discount?
A: I generally try to release the DNN version at the same time as the stand-alone one. I hope to do that for 3.0, but it is such a big release that there may be some delay. It's too early to say.
I have always offered significant discounts for upgrades and will do so again for v3. Plus, I am running a 50% discount right now for the current version, so this is a good time to save.
Q: Is enterprise version able to apply for multi domain?
A: From the license:
One Production License is required to install and use the Software Product on each DotNetNuke installation, A DNN installation is defined as a single DNN database which can host multiple child portals. These portals may have their own unique web addresses, but they are managed from a single DNN host, you must purchase additional Production License for each extra DNN installation.
Since the only advantage of the enterprise version is that it comes with the source code, you only need to buy a professional license for each additional domain.
Q: Does the Gallery Server Pro module use the folder provider model in DNN 6 to handle the uploading and displaying of media objects?
A: No, it does not.
Q: I am looking for a gallery module where site visitors can use Pinterest to tag my photos. Pintrest is really huge now and we want people with the Pintrest plugin on their web browsers to tag our photos. Also, we would like people to be able to like our photos to facebook & Google +.
Does this module support that? If so, let me know where I can test it out as other module developers before told me they supported Pintrest but in the end their gallery modules did not as each picture did not have a unique URL for pintrest to be able to lock on to.
A: I don't know anything about Pinterest so I can't comment on whether it is supported, but I can tell you that each media object *is* accessible by a unique URL. I know search bots like Google can index all media items in a gallery by following the links, so maybe that is a sign Pinterest is supported, too.
Ask a Question
TECH INFO SYSTEMS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)
Version 1, 12 August 2010
This is a CONTRACT between you (either an individual or a single entity) and TECH
INFO SYSTEMS, which covers your use of "Gallery Server Pro" and related software
components. All such software is referred to herein as the "Software Product." A
software license issued to a designated user only by TECH INFO SYSTEMS or its authorized
agents is required for each user of the Software Product. If you do not agree to
the terms of this EULA, then do not install or use the Software Product or the Software
Product License. By explicitly accepting this End-User License Agreement (EULA)
you are acknowledging and agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
1. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE
TECH INFO SYSTEMS grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the
Software Product on your DotNetNuke(DNN) installation based on your purchase history.
One Production License is required to install and use the Software Product on each
DotNetNuke installation, A DNN installation is defined as a single DNN database
which can host multiple child portals. These portals may have their own unique web
addresses, but they are managed from a single DNN host, you must purchase additional
Production License for each extra DNN installation.
When the source code is provided with the Software Product, TECH INFO SYSTEMS grants
you the right to modify, alter, improve, or enhance the Software Product without
limitation, except as described in this EULA.
Although rights to modification of the Software Product are granted by this EULA,
you may not tamper with, alter, or use the Software Product in a way that disables,
circumvents, or otherwise defeats its built-in licensing verification and enforcement
capabilities. The right to modification of the Software Product also does not include
the right to remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary
notice, legend, symbol or label in the Software Product.
Any modifications made to the Software Product will render it non-supportable by
TECH INFO SYSTEMS. You may, at your discretion, contact TECH INFO SYSTEMS about
distribution of the altered Software Product, and if agreeable terms can be determined,
the software product may be distributed according to the agreement. The altered
Software Product will become supported by the party designated in the agreement
between TECH INFO SYSTEMS and the user. Ownership of the altered SOFTWARE PRODUCT
is transferred to the party designated in the agreement between TECH INFO SYSTEMS
and the user. You may not distribute or redistribute changes made to the Software
Product to anyone other than groups designated by the agreement between TECH INFO
SYSTEMS and the user. Contact TECH INFO SYSTEMS using the information included at
the end of this document.
Although the source code for the Software Product may be included, you may not share,
use, or reuse the knowledge or technologies in other applications without explicit
approval from TECH INFO SYSTEMS.
You may make copies of the Software Product as is reasonably necessary for its use.
Each copy must reproduce all copyright and other proprietary rights notices on or
in the Software Product.
Each copy must reproduce all copyright and other proprietary rights notices on or
in the Software Product License. You may not modify or create derivative copies
of the Software Product License.
All rights not expressly granted to you are retained by TECH INFO SYSTEMS.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS RESERVED BY TECH INFO SYSTEMS.
The Software Product is owned by TECH INFO SYSTEMS and is protected by United States
and international copyright laws and treaties, as well as other intellectual property
laws and treaties. You must not remove or alter any copyright notices on any copies
of the Software Product. This Software Product copy is licensed, not sold. You may
not use, copy, or distribute the Software Product, except as granted by this EULA,
without written authorization from TECH INFO SYSTEMS or its designated agents. Furthermore,
this EULA does not grant you any rights in connection with any trademarks or service
marks of TECH INFO SYSTEMS. TECH INFO SYSTEMS reserves all intellectual property
rights, including copyrights, and trademark rights.
3. NO RIGHT TO TRANSFER
You may not rent, lease, lend, or in any way distribute or transfer any rights in
this EULA or the Software Product to third parties without TECH INFO SYSTEMS's written
approval, and subject to written agreement by the recipient of the terms of this
You hereby agree to indemnify TECH INFO SYSTEMS against and hold harmless TECH INFO
SYSTEMS from any claims, lawsuits or other losses that arise out of your breach
of any provision of this EULA.
5. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Any software provided along with the Software Product that is associated with a
separate license agreement is licensed to you under the terms of that license agreement.
This license does not apply to those portions of the Software Product. Copies of
these third party licenses are included in all copies of the Software Product.
6. SUPPORT SERVICES
TECH INFO SYSTEMS may provide you with support services related to the Software
Product. Use of any such support services is governed by TECH INFO SYSTEMS policies
and programs described in online documentation and/or other TECH INFO SYSTEMS-provided
As part of these support services, TECH INFO SYSTEMS may make available bug lists,
planned feature lists, and other supplemental informational materials. TECH INFO
SYSTEMS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FOR THESE MATERIALS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY
WHATSOEVER FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THESE MATERIALS. FURTHERMORE, YOU
MAY NOT USE ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THIS WAY TO SUPPORT ANY CLAIM MADE AGAINST
TECH INFO SYSTEMS.
Any supplemental software code or related materials that TECH INFO SYSTEMS provides
to you as part of the support services, in periodic updates to the Software Product
or otherwise, is to be considered part of the Software Product and is subject to
the terms and conditions of this EULA.
With respect to any technical information you provide to TECH INFO SYSTEMS as part
of the support services, TECH INFO SYSTEMS may use such information for its business
purposes without restriction, including product support and development. TECH INFO
SYSTEMS will not use such technical information in a form that personally identifies
you without first obtaining your permission.
7. TERMINATION WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO ANY OTHER RIGHTS
TECH INFO SYSTEMS may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with any term or
condition of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Software
Product and Software Product Licenses.
8. NO WARRANTIES
YOU ACCEPT THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT AND SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE "AS IS," AND TECH INFO
SYSTEMS AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO ITS USE,
PERFORMANCE, OR OTHERWISE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TECH
INFO SYSTEMS AND ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER REPRESENTATIONS,
WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY
QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE
RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT REMAINS WITH YOU.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TECH INFO SYSTEMS OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL,
INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES
FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION)
ARISING OUT OF THIS EULA OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT
OR THE FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES, EVEN IF TECH INFO SYSTEMS HAS BEEN ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, BIZ MODULES SOLUTIONS'S, AND ITS
THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS' AND LICENSORS', ENTIRE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS EULA
SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE
PRODUCT OR THE PRODUCT LIST PRICE; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT IF YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO
A TECH INFO SYSTEMS SUPPORT SERVICES AGREEMENT, TECH INFO SYSTEMS'S ENTIRE LIABILITY
REGARDING SUPPORT SERVICES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE TERMS OF THAT AGREEMENT.
10. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES
The Software Product is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or
intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments
requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities,
aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support
machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software Product, or any
software, tool, process, or service that was developed using the Software Product,
could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental
damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, TECH INFO SYSTEMS and its suppliers
and licensors specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for
High Risk Activities. You agree that TECH INFO SYSTEMS and its suppliers and licensors
will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Software
Product, or any software, tool, process, or service that was developed using the
Software Product, in such applications.
11. GOVERNING LAW; ENTIRE AGREEMENT; DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This EULA is governed by the laws of State of Wisconsin, United States of America.
This EULA is the entire agreement between TECH INFO SYSTEMS and you, and supersedes
any other communications or advertising with respect to the Software Product. This
EULA may be modified only by written agreement signed by authorized representatives
of you and TECH INFO SYSTEMS.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all disputes relating to this EULA (except any
dispute relating to intellectual property rights) shall be subject to final and
binding arbitration in the State of Wisconsin, in accordance with the Licensing
Agreement Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, with the losing
party paying all costs of arbitration. Arbitration must be by a member of the American
arbitration Association. If any dispute arises under this EULA, the prevailing party
shall be reimbursed by the other party for any and all legal fees and costs associated
If any provision of this EULA is held invalid, the remainder of this EULA shall
continue in full force and effect.
A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this EULA or any breach thereof,
in any one instance, shall not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach
13. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this EULA, or if you want to contact TECH INFO SYSTEMS
for any reason, please direct all correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
work perfect !
and very good service from Roger Martin
Show More Reviews
I have been using GSP for about a year and there is absolutely no other media gallery that comes close to its functionality!!!