What is Flex Events
Events management and publishing is one of the most popular features on internet, you can find event list on church websites, mesuem websites, library websites, stadium websites and many other kinds of websites. Flex Events allows you to easily do this job on DotNetNuke websites.
Flex Events allows you to create unlimited locations in each module instance, each event must be assisgned to a location and site visitors can use location to easily filter your events. Flex Events even allows your locations to be in different time zones.
You may wish your event list to have different kinds of layouts according to your web design. Flex Events comes with 5 different views like Calendar view, Map view, Grid view and List view. Besides, one of our sub modules allows you to combine multiple event modules and display them together.
Mobile Friendly is one of our top concerns when we develop this product, this product is compltely responsive and works well on both mobile and desktop browsers, the appearance of many UI elements on mobile devices are different with the desktop version. Flex Events is also especially enhanced for SEO purposes, for example, when you browse events in your browser, pagination may be enabled so you will not get a long page, however, when web crawlers reach the same page, pagination is disabled so search engines can easily index your events and will not consider it to have too many levels.
Flex Events support online event booking, you can choose to accept payment by Paypal, Authorize.NET and offline payment, multiple pricing tiers and bulk discount can be defined with a few mouse clicks.
Why can Flex Events do
Flex Events has many cool features to help you publish one-time events and recurring events on DotNetNuke websites, we strongly recommend you to download the trial version and try it by yourself, there is a Load Dummy Data link in the trial version which allows you to build a dummy events module within a few seconds.
The main features of this product can be summarized to:
Publish recurring events : Flex Events allows you to easily create one-time events and recurring events, if an event first happens on Thursday, November 13, 2014, Flex Events allows you to recur this date every week, or 13th day of every month, or 2nd Thursday of every month, or many other patterns.
Five event list views : Similar to Ultra Media Gallery, Flex Events comes with 5 unique event list views and it is expeted to have more, if you publish frequent events with same location, you can adopt Calendar view, if you only have a few events to publish, you can use Month view or SimpleList view, if your events happens in many geographical locations you can choose Map view ...
Online event booking : Flex Events allows your visitors to register or book events, when book an event Flex Events supports Paypal, Authorize.Net and offline payment, you can easily setup multiple pricing tiers and bulk discounts with a few monse clicks.
||Simple List View
||Cross Module Browser
- Fully written in C# and jQuery, fully localizable.
- Works on various kinds of websites like churchs, mesuems, libraries, stadiums...
- Mobile friendly and fully responsive, please use it with a responsive skin.
- SEO friendly, for example, pagination are disabled and radio boxes are replaced to hyper links for web crawlers.
- Support DNN's iSearchable interface, events can be searched by DNN search module.
- Flex Events also has its a dedicated search module, which allows you to search events more efficiently.
- Search events with auto completion.
- Supports DNN's iPortable interface, module settings, events, related logos and files, can all be exported and restored somewhere else.
- A menu bar display on top side allows you to easily navigate through all management pages.
- Template driven, you can customize the event list template to change its appearance, or alter email template to change the email Flex Events send out.
Locations and Categories
- Support unlimited loations and categories in each module instance.
- Location and category sort orders can be easily adjusted by mouse drag-n-drop.
- Site visitors can search events by locations and categories.
- Use Google Maps auto completion to easily find a location.
- Time zone will be automatically idenfied when add a location, loations in a module can have different time zones.
- The map of the location is displayed when view an event.
- Each category can be assigned a theme color, the color will be displayed in the category selection area.
- Each event must be linked to a location and optionally linked to a category.
- Flex Events allows you to create one-time event or recurring event.
- Support featured events, featured events are displayed with higher priority or icons.
- An event can last a few hours, a day or a few days.
- Allows you to recur an event Periodically, Weekly, Monthly or Annually.
- Automatically identifies the start date of an event, if an event first happens on Thursday, November 27, 2014, Then the Annually recurring pattern allows you to recur this event on same day every November, OR The 4th Thursday of every November.
- A stop date can be assigned to each recurring event.
- Blackout dates and special recurring dates (the opposite of Blackout dates) are supported when create recurring events.
- When create a recurring events, so other products generate a new record for all recurring dates, so you might get a long event list with actual same stuff. Flex Events works in a different way, it only generates a new record for a date when it is about to come in next few months.
- A event logo can be assigned to every event, event logos can be easily reused by other events and are stored within the unique folder assigned by Flex Events.
- Automatically archive finished events after a few days.
- Files can be attahed to an event by HTML 5 Drag-n-drop upload.
Events Booking & Free Registration
- Booking roles can be set, you can allow event booking only for specefic roles.
- You can limit maximum occupancy of a booking by number of attendees or number of bookings.
- Free registration is possible, you can also charge a flat cost for all bookings regardless to number of attendees, or you can choose to charge by number of attendees.
- Multiple pricing tiers can be easily defined, sort order of pricing tiers can be adjusted by mouse drag-n-drop.
- Bulk discount can be defined with an absolute value or percentage value.
- Sales tax can be collected for all users, or only users from a specefic state.
- Flex Events allows you to accept payment by Paypal, Authorized.Net and Offline payment.
- Users can find unpaid bookings, modify them, and pay it again with a different payment method.
- Admin users can search bookings by payment status, and download PDF version of customer list.
- Attached files can be either public or visible to paid customers only.
- View permission can be used to control which roles can see an event.
- Add permission can be given to DNN roles, which are allowed to add new events.
- Manage permission can be given to DNN roles, which are allowed to manage all events in a module.
- Permission is validated on all management pages.
- Flex Events comes with 5 event list views, including Calendar view, Month view, Grid view, Map views ...
- We are open to add more event list views to Flex Events, if you have thoughts on this just let us know.
- You can build a custom event detail page with FXE-EventDetail.
- Visitors can post reviews to events, a Review Need Approval option is available.
- Facebook and Twitter homepages of event organizers can be displayed along with an event.
- Visitors can share a event by social share links to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn ...
- FXE-FreeEventList module allows you to build a short list of upcoming events.
- FXE-Calendar module allows you to build a tiny calendar with links to see events of these dates.
- FXE-CrossModuleBrowser module allows you to combine events in many modules and display them together.
Easily navigation through all pages
Theme color for each category
Add Event, basic tab
Recurring events,weekly pattern
Recurring events, Monthly pattern
Recurring events, Annually pattern
Pricing Tiers and Bulk Discount
|Full feature support
|Number of DNN instances
A DNN instance may host multiple portals
|1 DNN portal
||1 DNN instance
||Unlimited DNN instances
on single IP address
on websites you built
||Free lifetime support
||Free lifetime upgrade for all minor upgrades (e.g. 1.0 => 1.x)
Sample and Trial
to see 4 online event demos, a downloadable trial is available in Downloads page, fell free to play it before
You can use our user guide to learn how to this product, you also can use it for evaluation purpose, click here to download it.
All minor upgrades are free, for example, if you purchased Flex Events 1.0, you are eligible to upgrade to any future versions of Flex Events 1.x for free.
Our license upgrade program allows you to upgrade from one edition to another, for example, to upgrade from Website License to Unlimited License.
BIZ MODULES SOLUTIONS grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use this module on your DotNetNuke(DNN) website in following conditions.
If you purchased a portal license, you can use this product on single DotNetNuke website, single portal.
If you purchased a website license, you can use this product on single DotNetNuke website, which may host multiple portals.
If you purchased a server license, you can use this product on unlimited DotNetNuke websites with same IP address.
If you purchased a unlimited license, you can use this product on unlimited DotNetNuke websites you built, in which you serve as the major contributor.