EasyDNNnews 7.9.5 (Blog, News, Article, Events, Documents, Classifieds and RSS feeds)
posted by EasyDNNsolutions.com - 10/25/2016
EasyDNNsolutions.com Active Since 7/26/2010
(27 total reviews for EasyDNNsolutions.com in the last six months.)
Ask a Question
1 users are watching this product.
Blog and Article
publish and manage articles, news, events, press releases, stories and editorials
About EasyDNNnews module
EasyDNNnews is a very powerful DotNetNuke module that enables non-technical users to publish and manage articles, news, press releases, stories and editorials. In addition to publishing text content, adding pictures to articles is easier than ever. In combination with the EasyDNNgallery and EasyDNNrotator modules, the EasyDNNnews becomes the ultimate publishing platform that easily manages your articles, images, video and audio content. EasyDNNnews can be used for blogs, news websites, product catalogs, or you can run a complex newspaper website.
EasyDNNnews - all the more reason for DNN!
- improved the authors contact form, the possibility of selecting a field for a display in a form
- improved loading of Google fonts to support http/https protocols when using Client Resource Manager
- optimized the module for better performances
- fixed displaying of localized articles and categories
- other fixes and small improvements
- added Nova theme - the new News theme (compatible with Nova DNN site theme) - Demo
- One Page Blog Display - displaying of articles, comments and galleries on one page without opening details (LinkedIn style blog) - Demo
- added One Page Blog Theme - the theme is intended for One Page Blog Display
- added option for displaying related articles from each category (module instance)
- other bugfixes and small improvements
- Share articles across portals
- significant improvement of the current Cross portal sharing functionality
- now you can display articles from different portals in the same module instance (until now there was the limitation of displaying articles from only one portal)
- Custom title tag
- from now on you can set a custom title tag for each article
- a title tag is still automatically created from an article title if there is no custom title tag set
- a lot of small bug fixes and other improvements
- added possibility of using multiline text box instead of html editor for summary and content field with the possibility of limiting the number of characters
- added possibility of turning the main article image from displays in gallery
- the new Chameleon gallery within articles for better performances of loading images
- improved custom fields checkbox list and radio button list with added possibility of selecting the displays as a dropdown list or multiselect dropdown list
- added new side next/previous button
- added option for replacing standard DNN token in article summary and content
- related articles – the support for custom fields and event tokens
- added option for turning off/turning on the control bar in the list and article details
- the possibility of adding author's contact email per article
- improved search
- DNN8 compatible
- the possibility of coloring categories in a calendar
- Publishing limits – the possibility of limiting the number of article, number of categories, videos and documents that a user can add
- added new SocialMediaBox Plus – a new lightbox-like viewer of images, videos, audios. Optimized for desktop and mobile devices (works in the integration with EasyDNNgallery 7.3+) - click here for the infographic
- supported uploading, encoding and hosting of videos directly in the Vimeo Pro account (Vimeo Pro account needed and EasyDNNgallery 7.4+)
- a new display of the contact form with the possibility of sending BCC emails
- major upgrade of Custom fields functionalities - click here for the infographic
- the possibility of sorting articles per values in custom fields
- the possibility of filtering articles per values in custom fields
- new fields added: email, hyperlink, date/time, upload
- new search fields added: Categories, Authors, Dates, simple search input, sort fields
- horizontal or vertical advanced search bar
- added HTML template editor
- the possibility of editing and a backup of HTML templates (article list templates, article details templates and other templates) directly from the module
- the possibility of event registration with payments for unregistered users - click here for the infographic
- other smaller improvements and fixes
- possibility of sorting articles by custom fields
- new simple HTML templates for Ozone theme
- other small fixes and improvements
- integration with EasyDNNmaps module
- the possibility of receiving payments for registration to events
(PayPal and Offline payments) Read more
- the new modern Ozone theme is added Read more
- the Ozone is 8th in line theme that comes with a variety of different templates and 10 predefined styles
- as by other themes, all the elements can be stylized with the StyleWizard module without any knowledge of CSS coding See video
- New gallery functionalities
- enhanced integration with the EasyDNNgallery module Read more
- modern responsive Gravity gallery within articles (the EasyDNNgallery 6.6 is required)
- the SocialMediaBox Lightbox-like media viewer that enables commenting of images, sharing, rating, liking
- the possibility of opening galleries within articles on the specific page in the EasyDNNgallery - Gravity display
- added SocialMediaBox for the Chameleon gallery within articles and the possibility of adding images to a specific page in the Gravity gallery
- Other functionalities
- the Previous and Next button for navigation inside articles
- Facebook autoposting - support for the changes in the Facebook API
- Social events feature
- Added timeline templates for Vision, Firefly and Triumph theme
- Support for Wistia video service and possibility for uploading videos from the EasyDNNnews module (available only in the integration with the EasyDNNgallery module)
- Added tokens for reaching all images from the article gallery, not only the Main article image
- Upgraded import from Excel (possibility of importing localized articles)
- Possibility of adding documents to a recurring event
- Added support for Twitter cards
- Integration with the DNN Banners module which enables adding banners within articles
- Links template now supports displaying articles images which enables the usage of custom related articles
- Permissions per article for document downloading
- Bug fix for DST time change by recurring events
- Other small bug fixes
- Compatible with DNN 7.4. and Evoq 8
- EVENT REGISTRATION
- Possibility of registering users to events
- Possibility of registering registered and/or unregistered users
- Managing of registrations
- Determining a time period in which registrations are possible
- Possibility of unlimited registrations or limitation of seat number (attendants)
- Determining minimum and maximum number of seats which a user can register
- Possibility of creating custom forms for registration
- Global permissions for an event registration or separately per event
- Advanced system of invitations and reminders per event
- Adjustable predefined email templates
- Selection of users to which invitations and reminders are sent
- Determination of sending interval
- Possibility of creating unlimited number of invitations and reminders per event
- Advanced notification system during registration
- Adjustable predefined templates for sending notifications to an admin, an author or a user who has registered to an event
- Interface for registration management
- Manual user adding
- Creating invitation and reminders
- Editing user data
- Moderating received registration with a possibility of declining registration
- Displaying the list of registered users (the possibility of limiting it to a security role)
- Double-opt in check during the registration of unregistered users
- Modern pop-up registration form optimized for mobile devices
- Enhanced HTML template, new tokens necessary for the event registration (Register button, number of free seats, number of subscribed users...)
- NEW EASYDNNNEWS URL PROVIDER
- The new URL provider clears the links from all parameters. This is an advantage for SEO.
- MASONARY LAYOUT
- From now on here is the popular masonry layout for displaying of articles.
- SOCIALMEDIABOX LITE
- Our Lightbox-like image pop-up viewer that is is optimized for displaying on mobile devices and it is possible to use it with the Lightbox and Chameleon gallery in articles. SocialMediaBox Lite is available only if there is an integration with EasyDNNgallery module. EasyDNNnews 7 works only with EasyDNNgallery 6.2 or newer version.
EasyDNNnews supports DotNetNuke 4.06.02+, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0+
- DNN 4.6.2+
- DNN 5.x+
- DNN 6.x+
- DNN 7.x+
- DNN 8.0+
- MS SQL database
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2012
- MS SQL Azure database
Ease of Use
The ease of use and a positive user experience rank among our top priorities. All the aspects of module configuration and content management are available from the Dashboard. The quick access toolbar will allow you a fast approach to common tasks, such as adding an article.
Various Use Case Scenarios
EasyDNNnews can be used for a wide range of purposes. It excels in all its roles, with no weak points whatsoever. It can be used for blogs, articles, online magazines, press releases, FAQs, online tutorials, online user instructions, product catalogues, knowledge bases and many other purposes.
Template-driven Layout and Design
The layout and design are template-driven, with a full capability of configuration. The layout and design are edited by using tokens and CSS in the HTML template. Organize article list layout as well as the article layout according to your needs as well as the article itself according to your needs, then apply your own design to everything you have created.
Adjust the appearance of all predefined EasyDNNnews themes and EasyDNNsolutions skins by means of a wizard which will adjust CSS without manually changing the code. Change colors, fonts, borders, shadows and background via simple user interface.
The complete event solution for DNN/Evoq websites. It enables the creation of single or reoccurring events, their displaying in lists and in the calendar, the possibility of registering users to events, free registrations or paid registrations, invitations, reminders and many other things.
Create different types of custom fields with which you can expand data in your aricles/posts. Besides displaying custom fields in articles/posts, you can filter, sort or search articles per data in the custom fields. This enables you the usage of EasyDNNnews as an engine for websites like real estates, car dealership, recipes, travel catalogues, product catalogues and more.
Display your articles in a magazine style. The advanced HTML template system allows your articles to be displayed in multiple columns with a wide range of organization, including different sizes of images, headlines and text.
Do you wish to split a long article across several pages? Nothing is easier. In addition to that, the module will also create paging for an easy navigation between pages.
Article Display and Catalog Display mode
Articles can be displayed in a classic way (Article display), or in a Catalog display mode, which converts categories and articles into a product catalog.
Do you wish to attract attention to your important or favorite articles? Mark them as featured, and display them at the top of the list of other articles, or separately from other articles.
Advanced Media Management
Insert galleries into your articles. Adding images and video into articles and displaying a gallery above or below article content has never been easier. Depending on your needs, you can insert images or videos into the text, by means of a token and token editor, which will help you to easily set the desired image parameters, such as size, title and description.
Main Article Image
Simply add or choose an image to be used as the main article image. The main article image can be displayed as a lead article image, it can be used for creating thumbnails for the article list, or used by EasyDNNrotator module, if you wish to display your articles there.
Integration with EasyDNNgallery
EasyDNNgallery is one of the most popular DNN modules ever. Integrated with EasyDNNnews module, it brings you advanced multimedia options, such as using the Chameleon gallery along with nested galleries, an easily available gallery of frequently used images in articles, predefined themes, fixed or responsive gallery layout, an advanced administration of multimedia files (images, videos, mp3), etc.
Integration with EasyDNNrotator
Display your articles in attractive rotators, carousels or news tickers available by EasyDNNrotator modules. EasyDNNrotator automatically loads articles from EasyDNNnews module according to set criteria.
Integration with EasyDNNmaps
The EasyDNNmaps module can display locations added to posts, events, real estates etc. on a map… Search results from the EasyDNNnews Advanced Search module can be displayed on a map thanks to this integration.
All predefined themes are responsive, so in combination with responsive skins they will adjust to smartphone and tablet screens.
Articles, documents and images can be added into articles even from smartphones and tablets.
5 responsive professional DNN Skins for Free
Each buyer of EasyDNNnews module will get five modern, professionally encoded DNN skins. The skins can be found inside of the module’s zip package. The skins are related to themes accompanying the module.
Unlimited Instances and Filtering
Your portal can have an unlimited number of EasyDNNnews module instances. All the articles are available across the entire portal in all the instances. An advanced and user-friendly article filtering will allow you to display only the desired articles in a specific module instance. One of the applications is the display of several latest articles at your home page
Display Featured, Recent, Most popular articles...
Display the article list according to criteria such as Featured, Events, Recent, Most popular, Most commented, Best rated… You can also select articles for your own customized article list.
An unlimited number of categories and subcategories is supported. An article can be published in an unlimited number of categories and subcategories. The advanced category menu displays the number of articles. It is possible to assign an image and description to each category.
Let your users vote for their favorite articles and blogs.
When we publish articles, we often need to add links to external web pages, to pages at our own web site, or to some other article at our blog. As the number of links increases, this becomes complicated. EasyDNNnews Link Management makes it easier for us to add links, correct them, include them into content, and in this way brings solutions for links at multilingual sites.
Automatically adds related articles based on tags.
Calendar and Archive
Published articles are listed in the calendar, and article leads can be displayed in the tooltip. Archived articles are organized by month and year.
EasyDNNnews has its own powerful comment system. Posting comments can be limited to specified DNN roles, such as registered users, or be available to anyone. Comments can be moderated, and moderators can be notified on freshly arrived comments. Other advanced features are also available, such as nested comments, Captcha support, Gravatar integration and DNN profile integration. In addition to your own comment system, you can also use Disqus comment system and Facebook comments.
Google Maps Integration
A built-in Google Maps editor allows adding Google maps into the articles. The supported Geolocation automatically positions the map on your current location.
Tagging your articles with keywords and phrases helps your articles to be better organized and easier to search. Search engines will index keyword tagged articles more easily. Key words can also be displayed in a tag cloud.
SEO optimized content
The module generates Article Sitemap and Google News Sitemap.
URL provider for nice-looking and SEO optimized links
From DNN 7.1+ onwards, you can use EasyDNNnews URL provider. This URL provider will remove various parameters from links and create nice-looking and SEO optimized links.
It is simple to add and manage documents in articles. There is support for multilingual sites, a statistic overview of document downloads, multi-upload, security systems for document downloads, tokens for insertion of documents into content, and much more.
You can share all your content through flexible RSS feeds. The feeds are generated for all the articles in an instance, for each category, for each author and each group of authors.
Import RSS feeds from external sources and display them as articles on your web site. Along with standard RSS feeds, YouTube and Vimeo feeds are also supported, so you can load an entire YouTube channel. The built-in scheduler automatically checks and loads articles at set intervals.
Cross Portal Sharing
Articles can be shared between multiple DNN portals within one DNN installation. You don't need to add the same article repeatedly. This is an especially useful feature if your web page has its mobile version.
Settings are organized by sections for ease of use. Settings can be applied for all instances of the module, or customized for each instance of the module separately. It is easy to combine global and custom settings.
Multi Authors & Groups of Authors (Teams)
Multiple authors can post and maintain their articles simultaneously. There is an author menu allowing the overview of all author's articles. Authors can additionally be organized into groups or teams. For each author and group of authors an RSS feed is generated.
Author’s Bio and Contact Info
Display author's biography in the article and allow contacting him or her via contact form. Add links to author's web page and social networks. You can also do that for a group of authors.
Very powerful permissions give you the full control of all content and users. You decide who can add articles and what categories they can be added to, who can see articles, which categories are visible, who can post comments, who can approve articles and comments, and a lot more. Permissions can be set by DNN roles or by individual users.
Permissions per article
Along with permissions valid for all categories and articles, it is also possible to set permissions valid for each individual article only.
A part of the article can be visible only to users in certain DNN roles (such as registered users), and other users can be presented with alternate content (such as "Register").
When multiple authors contribute to publishing articles, rules must be set as to which of them can publish the article, and where. If necessary, articles can be submitted to approval prior to their publishing. Administrators can be noted about new articles.
Old versions of articles are saved, and it is possible at any moment to recover an older version of the article.
Draft your article when you have time, and publish it upon completion.
Set the date and time for the article to become visible.
Notifications and Alerts
Note the administrators or moderators on the newly arrived articles or comments.
Social Sharing Buttons
Allow your readers to share your articles on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other popular social networks. The built-in social sharing buttons can be removed if you do not want them.
Automatic Social Posting
Get more traffic from social networks. Articles can be automatically posted on Facebook, Twitter and DNN Journal.
DNN Journal Integration
A true integration with new social features presented in DNN 6.2. Articles and events can be automatically published in user's Activity feed, and the module added to the Activity feed displays all user's articles and events. User can publish an article to its Activity feed or a social group. A module added at a social group's Activity feed displays all the articles or events of that social group.
You can search your articles with the build-in search. The search widget can search article titles, articles or tags. Searching can be limited to certain categories and authors.
DNN Search Integration
Published articles can be indexed by DNN Search, which makes them visible in search results along with other content available by DNN Search.
Various paging options
Choose between classic paging, Infinite scroll via button and Infinite scroll via button and scrolling.
Search Engine Friendly (SEO)
All articles and other content (categories, tags, authors) are Search Engine Friendly (SEO). The article's title is automatically added into the article's URL. URL can also be adjusted independently of the article's title. For each article it is possible to add meta keywords and meta description. URL sitemap with all articles is generated automatically, ready to be submitted to search engines. Page title can also be adjusted. This is all true for articles localized in multiple languages as well. All links in EasyDNNnews are generated via DNN Friendly URL Provider, and compatible with most 3rd party URL rewriter modules.
Do you have a multilingual web site? Articles can be published in multiple languages. It is possible to localize articles, image descriptions in galleries, categories, tags, meta keywords and meta description. Translate your article into a wide range of languages. Articles can be fully localized. Documents and links added into an article can be presented in a desired language. The article's URL is generated according to the article's title for each language separately.
Static Content and Interface Localization
All the elements of an article or EasyDNNnews module's interface can be localized to a desired language.
Satellite Modules (Widgets)
In addition to the main news module, several satellite modules are available for easier organization of content and enhanced flexibility. They include Calendar module, Categories menu module, TagCloud module and Search module. All of these modules are a standard part of EasyDNNnews module package, and you don't need to buy them separately.
Optimized for better performance
EasyDNNnews utilizes caching to ensure top performance and reduce server usage. Duration of caching can be set via Host settings.
We keep our modules up-to-date with all the new versions of DNN, new versions of browsers, as well as all the changes in technologies related to our modules. A new version of DNN does not mean the end of using your favorite module. Our subscription model continuously provides you with latest available versions of modules.
Microsoft Azure & DNN 7 Compatible
EasyDNNnews is always up to date with latest technologies and DotNetNuke's versions. EasyDNNnews works on DotNetNuke installations hosted on MS Azure cloud platform. Support for older versions of DotNetNuke is available down to 4.6 version.
Our modules have been tested in a wide range of popular browsers to make sure they work in each of them.
Professional Support and Development team
Behind our modules there is a team of experienced programmers and designers whose daily job consists of developing modules, fixing bugs and providing user support. We constantly search for new ways to enhance the existing functionalities, as well as add new ones which will advance the usage of modules. Your experience of our products is important to us.
||1 DNN portal
||20 portals within 1 DNN installation
||Unlimited installations and portals
(free updates and new versions)
||Unlimited Email support
|Unlimited Email support
||Unlimited Email support
Our other modules
The most popular DNN gallery for a long time now. This gallery is user friendly, so it is easy to use even for less experienced users, such as clients you design web pages for. It provides you with 18 quality displays with lots of themes and numerous options for configuration. It displays images, video and audio content (mp3). It has recently been enhanced with social features, as well as integrated with DNN journal. Some displays support responsive design. It integrates easily with EasyDNNnews module.
An excellent image and video slider module. Currently it comes with five top presentations that will perfectly merge with your web pages. We would like to point out Chameleon rotator with its numerous possibilities of adjustment, and MultiCarousel, a powerful carousel with multi row content. Both of these displays support responsive design. EasyDNNrotator integrates with EasyDNNnews module, automatically loads its articles and displays them attractively.
EasyDNNmaps is a module that enables simple adding of Google maps, adding markers, filtering by location (store location function) and detection of user location. Besides being used as a stand-alone module, EasyDNNmaps can work in the integration with our EasyDNNnews module. In the integration with EasyDNNnews module, it displays article locations, events, real estates and other. It is possible to set different markers for each category. The module is integrated with EasyDNNnews Advanced Search module and it is possible to display search results on a map.
This module enables the integration of your DNN portal with MailChimp.com – the popular newsletter sending service. Its main characteristics are synchronization of registered DNN users and a list role at MailChimp.com, forms for newsletter subscription that you can use on your web pages, CSS themes for form s, an option to send a newsletter directly from the module, an archive of sent newsletters, etc.
A simple module that will enable you to detect visitors approaching your web sites via mobile devices, and redirect them to mobile-friendly pages. This module recognizes various mobile devices and tablets, and redirection can be set up for each individual device. Visitors can be unconditionally redirected to mobile web pages, or they can be given a freedom of choice.