What is it?
The Password Reset module is a simple to use DotNetNuke module that can reset the password for a DotNetNuke user with a custom or random custom password. Fully configurable and multi language
S4A Password Reset Module
The module let's you change user password with a configurable random password generator or with your own password. You can even set if the user must change his password on the next logon. Perfect for helpdesk functions!
- DNN 7 Compatible
- DNN 6 Compatible
- DNN 5 On request!
- Fully configurable
- Multi language (DNN Localisation)
- Random password generator
- Set if the password must be reset at the next user-login
Step by step
1. Install the S4A Password reset extension/module
1a Go to Host > Extensions > Manage > install extension wizard
1b upload the package
2. Add the S4A Password reset extension/module to a page.
3. Complete the settings
3a Manage > Settings > S4A_PasswordReset Settings
3b the settings:
Show generate random password button: This option lets you choose if the generate random password button is visible
Random password number of Uppercase letters: Here you can choose how many uppercase letters must be used in the random created password
Random password number of Lowercase letters: Here you can choose how many lowercase letters must be used in the random created password
Show User must change password checkbox: This option lets you choose if the User must change password option is visible
4. Done the page is created!
- For helpdesk employees you can create a DNN role and give permission to the page only for this helpdesk role
- Host password reset is disabled