Use DNN's role system for segmentation and advanced personalization: Beyond statically assigning users to roles, the DNN Dynamic Roles module allows for defining criteria which adjust role memberships dynamically.
For instance, you can define rules which assign a user to a role when a certain cookie is present, a parameter is matched, the access comes from a certain region, or a user has visited a specific website before (referrer). Vice versa, users are automatically removed from the roles they have been assigned to as soon as criteria don't match anymore.
Download free evaluation version
DNN Dynamic Roles module comes with lots of rules you can use and combine, making it easy to segment your customers and personalize content. All these rules can be used to define dynamic roles. These roles can be used just as the regular ones: For example, you can define which pages and modules can be viewed by which role.
- Integrates smoothly into DNN’s user interface
- Extends DNN’s standard role system – you can use dynamic roles wherever you can use DNN’s static roles
- Definable rule evaluation trigger per dynamic role (on request, on login)
- Definable role update methods (add role members only, delete only, sync role memberships)
- Ability to track anonymous visitors (roles are applied as soon as user logs in)
- Performance optimised by leveraging caching algorithms
- Compatible with Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Platform
- Compatible with Evoq Content
- EVS verified
Combine rules by using the AND, OR, and NOT operators.
Check if user is member of a certain role.
Check if a certain cookie is present or has a specific value.
Check if a user is coming to your site from a specific page or website.
IP Geo Location
Check if your user comes from a certain country or region of the world.
Browser and Version
Check if your user uses a specific browser and detect the browser's version.
GET and POST parameters
Check for the existence of a request parameter and its value.
Date and Time
Check if the current date and/or time is within a specific range.
Evaluates an SQL Query and checks the result.
You can find detailed information on the XML Rule Definition Syntax page.
Make the best of it.
Find some useful hints on how to use DNN Dynamic Roles in our blog.
Visit our blog
Please note: If you choose a quantity larger than one, we will generate one license key covering all domains (= number of domains covered by license multiplied by quantity). If you need separate license keys, please check out one by one.
You can find the License Agreement here.
Feel free to contact us.