What is a DNN App?
DNN Apps are a like modules on steroids. They are easy to modify and template, and install per portal (not globally on the entire system). To make this possible, you must first install the 2sxc App engine, instructions here.
A simple, elegant blog app with all the basics. Use right away or adapt to turn it into anything you want. Check out the screenshots, the live version on 2sxc.org and then read more specs below.
This is what it looks like - click on it to read the release-post with a 100-second video demonstrating the blog and it's powers
Content Management Features
Fun content editing thanks to
Advanced Data Handling like
Everything is multi-language
- all content is multi-language
- ...even images can be
- translation at field level, so the editor can choose which fields to translate
- multi-language layouts using app-resources
- multi-language edit-UIs (labels, help-texts, etc.)
For the Designer
The most flexible, customizable design
- fully customizable layouts / templates
- create new layouts / templates
- editor can't break your design
- easily adapt to your preferred CSS framework
- easily add custom fields (text, numbers, wysiwyg, links, files, pages, etc.)
- anything you customize can be exported/imported with one click
- best-practices separation between data (content-items), layout (templates), layout-settings (presentation), app-wide settings (app-settings)
For Developers / Power-Designers
- use [Tokens] to create simple, custom layouts
- or use @Razor to create advanced custom layouts
- supports nodejs-style app development with grunt, gulp and github etc.
- powerfull server-side C# API for anything you want
- advanced visual query designer
- advanced input types like url-fields, gps or icon-pickers
For the System-Admin (Host)
- installs / uninstalls in seconds without DNN restart
- apps are self-contained - if you install or remove them, it doesn't affect anything else
- apps install per-portal, so customizations don't affect other portal (unless you want them to in advanced scenarios)