Google reCAPTCHA Custom Control For XMod Pro Forms
This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to easily integrate Google's reCAPTCHA validation in your XMP DNN Forms!
PRICE REDUCTION : ) This individual validation control is now part of the XMP Validation Pack which offers reCaptcha and other popular alternate human-checking validation options.
Benefits & Features: We developed this Custom Control for a project where the client needed to protect their form entry with reCAPTCHA. We're all familiar with standard CAPTCHA and the core DNN available CAPTCHA, but clients often ask for a more attractive version, or versions with more features and for that, we love Google's reCAPTCHA. We use it to prevent comment spam in blogs, protect website registration, polls, feedback and contact forms and more!
- Learn more about reCAPTCHA from Google. Plenty of usage notes and history such as the definition of the term ; ) "CAPTCHAs are used by many websites to prevent abuse from "bots," or automated programs usually written to generate spam. No computer program can read distorted text as well as humans can, so bots cannot navigate sites protected by CAPTCHAs.
The term CAPTCHA (for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart) was coined in 2000 by Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas Hopper and John Langford of Carnegie Mellon University."
- Keep crawlers, bots, and automated systems from getting through your forms!
- Humans get plenty of options such as refreshing to load another CAPTCHA combination of text, SOUND to play an audio recording of the text and help/info on how to use.
- The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro form example that shows reCAPTCHA in the form and basic style and setup examples.
- Integrates nicely with XMod Pro server-side validation and the alert/validation messages.
- There are four different styles/themes available from Google by default. You can use these, or you can override those styles through CSS.
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 4+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store »
This item is a Custom Control produced for use in XMod Pro forms and is a control built to easily integrate Google's reCAPTCHA into your XMP forms. When using on your website, you must register the domain name with the reCAPTCHA service. This is FREE and easy, just go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create
. These can be setup for a domain/subdomains, or if you are making many different ones, you can create a global key option to go across many domains at one time.
Installing Into Your DNN Instance (Install Instructions)
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal
When installed, we encourage you to keep the demo control instance in place so that you will have instructions and notes. If you need further instructions or usage tips, please visit the modules.moorecreative.com
page or contact us for support. We're glad to help!
- Generate keys for your domain at the Google reCAPTCHA admin page
- Available Themes: clean, red, white, blackglass
- You must use the ReCaptchaValidator in conjunction with the Captcha control in order to properly validate
- ReCaptchaValidator 'Text' is the error inline message
- ReCaptchaValidator 'ErrorMessage' shows in the Validation Summary if one is present