(15 product reviews.)
Cross Photo Gallery 6.1 - Image & Flickr & Picasa & Media & Slideshow & Mobile & DNN 8
posted by DnnModule.com - 3/7/2016
DnnModule.com Active Since 7/16/2007
(5 total reviews for DnnModule.com in the last six months.)
Ask a Question
1. Quick Link
Download 60 days free trial edition View User Guide Check other modules of us
Demo 1 - Show albums with data list and data grid
Demo 2 - Show photos with data list and data grid
Demo 3 - Show albums/photos with with JQuery UI tabs (supports 24 tab style).
Demo 4 - Import albums/photos from Flickr.com
Demo 5 - Import albums/photos from Picasa.com
Demo 6 - Show albums/photos with MS Silverlight slideshow
Demo 16 - Show albums/photos with Adobe Flash slideshow
Demo 17 - Responsive Layout Support
Cross Photo Gallery 6.1 is an enterprise-class DNN module that enables multi-user to publish their albums/photos and attach videos/audio/documents as easy as ABC. It includes 16 sub modules which offer many cool features, as follows:
1. Powerful yet easy to use, v5.x introduces a new setup wizard to guide you to configure module step by step, all you need to do is just click “Next” to follow this wizard.
2. Multi-user support, authorized users can publish their albums/photos and attach videos/audio/documents with them. Module also supports automatic import albums/photos/tags from Flickr.com and Picasa.com.
3. Each user can manage his files, module provides two upload methods: MS Silverlight upload control (allows uploading big size files) and Java Script upload control (PC and iPhone/iPad/Android/Mobile support), also support resize big photos / add watermark / generate thumbnail.
4. Organize data with galleries and categories. Site administrator can create unlimited custom attributes for photo, or disable unwanted built-in data fields.
5. Template-driven layout and design. All sub modules are template based, module already includes 4 built-in templates, and you can create your own templates if necessary.
6. Responsive layout support, so in combination with responsive skins they will adjust to smartphone and tablet screens.
8. The new advanced search feature allows you to specify the search conditions, you can search based every built-in data fields and custom attributes you create. Also fully integrates with DNN built-in search mechanism.
9. SEO friendly url / Google web sitemap / Google image sitemap support to help search engines to index your photos more easily.
10. Google Maps / Amazon Simple Storage Services (Amazon S3) support.
11. RSS/Email integrates.
12. There are 16 sub modules in package, but all data are manage via 1 single module (CrossPhoto_Admin), the other 15 sub modules are used to display related data.
13. Fully integrate with DNN journal / social feature. When a new photo/comment is created, it will be automatic added into author journal.
It is one of the best album/photo/Picasa/Flickr/Slideshow DNN modules. Please view live demos which we listed in section "1. Quick Links", and also download 60 days free trial version at http://DnnModule.com/FreeDownload.aspx. Please read “Cross Photo Gallery 6.1 user guide.pdf” before test it.
Please note, v6.1 requires DNN 8.0+. If your sites are still under DNN 5.x/6.x/7.x, please check other old versions at http://DnnModule.com.
3. Module Highlights
3.1 Easy of use, DNN 8 based, Journal/Social share support, Flickr/Picasa integrate, Add watermark, Resize big images
3.1.1 Fully rebuild based DNN 8, provide setup wizard to make it easy of use
P1 - Setup Wizard
v6.1 is fully rebuild based DNN 8, to utilize the new features in DNN 7/8 (like the services framework mechanism, Ajax, form pattern). And we try our best to make this module easy of use and self-explanation. When you run module first time, it will show a setup wizard to guide you to configure it step by step, all you need to do is click "Next" to follow wizard. It is so easy.
3.1.2 DNN journal / social share support
Journal is an exciting new feature which introduces in DNN 7 platform, it is a vital to build a social site. Cross Photo Gallery 6.x fully supports DNN 7 built-in journal. When a photo/comment is created, module will automatic add it to DNN journal table. Of course, module will also remove it from journal items if a photo/comment is deleted.
P2 - Journal integrate in v5.7
In v5.6, you can also share albums / photos between social groups / friends / followers.
P3 - Share albums/photos between groups/friends/followers.
3.1.3 Import albums / photos / tags from Flickr / Picasa
If user has photos in Flickr or Picasa, simply provide his accounts, module will retrieve his albums/photos and tags into his album/photo list.
Module uses DNN schedule jobs to perform import actions. So whenever you upload new albums/photos to Flickr/Picasa, module will automatic detect them and import for you.
After import, user can edit/delete/view these albums/photos/tags and get comment/rating/recommend just like other photos.
3.1.4 Add watermark to user uploaded images
In v5.6, you can control whether to add watermark to user uploaded images. The watermark source can be text, or a small gif image. This is a useful feature if you want to protect your images.
P5 - Watermark settings.
P6 - text based watermark.
3.1.5 Resize big images and generate thumbnail
People always get big size images when they take pictures. Module will resize these big size images to specific size and generate thumbnail to load them more quickly.
3.2 Multi-user support, Author file manager, File upload for PC and mobile, Amazon S3
3.2.1 Multiple users support.
Administrator can choose roles which can post photos, specify disk quota and item count this role can have. Administrator can also decide whether user roles can import photos from Flickr/Picasa.
3.2.2 Ajax based author file manage (via DNN 7 services framework) manage
Author can manage his own folders/files. When edit his albums (photos), he can choose related files (images/videos/documents, etc) from these files. In v5.8, we rewrote the old "author file management" control, to share the same interface as the DNN built-in "File Management" feature. It is now fully Ajax based, and also support right-click popup menu. Just like site administrator can do in DNN standard “File Management” page, author can do same work too. Except the “Upload“ function, module provides a more powerful tool.
P8 - Author file manage
3.2.3 Two file upload controls which support both PC and Mobile/Tablet (iPhone/iPad/Android, etc)
P9 - File Upload (Ms Silverlight Upload Control).
3.2.4 Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. You can use it easily in Cross Photo Gallery module, simple change storage type as “Amazon S3” and enter your account information.
P11 - Amazon S3
User shares similar file manager interface like store in local. For more information about Amazon S3, check http://aws.amazon.com/s3/.
3.3 Gallery, Custom attributes, Category, Tag
Galleries are top-level data to organize information. Each gallery has its own categories / attributes / tags / albums / photos.
Tips: some people may ask “why we need gallery?” Well, gallery is mainly used to organize attributes/categories. For example, if you use Cross Photo Gallery to publish both cars and animals, you may need to create different attributes for cars and animals, and you also need different categories to organize them. Gallery allows you to solve this problem easily.
P7 - Photo gallery
3.3.2 Disable unwanted built-in data fields
Photo has some built-in fields, like author/source/image,etc. You can disable them if necessary. If a field is disabled, then it will not display on edit interface which belong to current gallery. And of course, it will also disappear in photo list and detail module too.
3.3.3 Create extra data fields
Photo attributes (e.g. "Camera" or "Model") are used to create inter-dependent photo variations. After create an attribute, you can then enter specific attribute values for an individual photo (e.g. "Nokia", "Leveno", "Ibm").
P9 - Customize attributes.
Below is a list of data types you can specify for attribute:
A. Basic data like string / int / decimal / date time / date / time / Boolean / currency.
B. Special data like email / image / url / text html.
You can specify a list of value for attribute, user can choose one of them while edit photos. After creation, these fields will be treated the same as built-in fields. You can add/edit their value, display them on photo list module and detail module.
3.3.4 Unlimited level categories
Each gallery has its own categories. You can add unlimited level of categories. An album can belong to multiple categories.
Each gallery has its own tag list. A photo can has multiple tags.
3.4 Album/Photo, Permission, Video/Audio/Attachment, Private, Protected
An album can belong to multiple categories. After create an album, you can put multiple photos into it. You can also attach multiple documents/audio/videos with an album.
You can add them one by one or simply click “Add multiple photos from folder“ to add multiple photos at once.
Administrator can set default view / rate / recommend / comment / attachment download permission for all albums. Besides that, each album can has its own view / rate / recommend / comment / attachment download permissions.
3.4.3 Related video/audio/attachment
An album can has multiple videos/audio/attachments with it. If author has disk quota, he can choose his own files to add. If his disk quota is set to 0, he can only add from external url.
Video/audio source can come from bellowing:
1. Local File, Flv/Mp4/Swf video(or .mp3 audio) files which you upload to site.
2. External Url, like followings
:File in external site, e.g. http://DnnModule.com/portals/0/test.flv
:Http stream, e.g. http://http://DnnModule.com/video.asp?videoid=3
:YouTube video url, e.g. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYlx5gW90Aw.
3. Embed Code, embed code from other sites..
If you have multiple images/videos/audios to add, instead of add them one by one, you can upload them to a folder, then click “Add from folder “ to add them once.
P13 - Add video from folder
Module use the light box style to play video (or audio) in CrossPhoto_Detail sub module, whether it comes from local file, or external url, or embed code.
P14 - Play video via light box style
In v5.1, we add some new options to turn related videos/audios/documents off. For example, if you don't want to allow user to add related audios to his album, you can simply uncheck “Enable attach audios“ option.
3.4.4 Private Album
If an album is marked as private, then it can only be viewed by site administrator and photo owners.
. 3.4.5 Protected Album
If an album is marked as protected, then visitors need to be enter correct password before view it. Of course, site administrator and photo owner don't need this.
For example, you need to input dnn as protect password to view http://DnnModule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/AlbumList/PhotoDetail/tabid/172/AlbumId/4/Schoolmate.aspx.
3.5 Comment, Rating, Recommend, Help ticket, Abuse Report , Avatar, Bookmark
3.5.1 Comment / rating / recommend
Visitor can submit comment / rating / recommend to photos. Administrator can decide which role has these permissions.
3.5.2 Help Ticket
Registered user can submit help ticket to photo author to get 1-to-1 help.
3.5.3 Abuse Report
If visitor feels a photo (or album) is inappropriate, he can can submit abuse report to site administrators. Administrator can delete photo/album based these feedback.
3.5.4 Avatar and Social bookmark
Integrates avatar at http://www.gravatar.com/ and also support social bookmark like Google, Face book, Live bookmarks etc.
3.6.1 Fully integrate Ajax via JQuery
Provide a uninterrupted watch experience is vital to a photo share site. This is why we spend many days to fully integrate Ajax. Whenever visitor submit help ticket / create report abuse, or post rating/comment/recommend, it all done via Ajax and not refresh page to break user photo watching.
By the way, we do ajax based JQuery (which is part of DotNetNuke), so you don't need to install 3-rd components.
There are 16 sub modules in Cross Photo Gallery package, 7 of them are used to show albums/photo. As follows:
1. CrossPhoto_Album sub module is used to show albums with data list (or data grid), check http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/AlbumList.aspx for live demo.
2. CrossPhoto_Photo sub module is used to show photos with data list (or data grid), check http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/PhotoList.aspx for live demo.
3. CrossPhoto_ListDashboard sub module is used to show albums (photos) with Flash slideshow, check http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/DNNFlashPhotoSlideshow.aspx for live demo.
4. CrossPhoto_Silverlight sub module allows you to show albums/photos with MS Silverlight slideshow. Check http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/DNNSilverlightSlideshow.aspx for live demo.
P13 - "Carousel flow gallery" slideshow
P14 - "Galleria" slideshow
6. CrossPhoto_AlbumTab and CrossPhoto_PhotoTab sub modules are new introduced in v6.1. They can be used to show albums (photos) with JQuery UI tabs. Currently it supports 24 tab style, check http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossArticle/DNNArticleModule.aspx for live demo (this live demo is presented by Cross Article module, but Cross Photo Gallery can provide similar features).
"Flickr" tab style
"Light" tab style
"Sunny" tab style
We will introduce more slideshow mode in new version. Don't hesitate to tell us if you have any funny slideshow and want to include them in our modules.
3.6.3 Template-driven layout and design
There are 16 sub modules in this package. Except the CrossPhoto_Admin sub module (which used to manage all data), the other 15 sub modules are fully template based. There are some built-in template in package, you can try save a copy then modify them, and choose them as your display.
P19 - Template list
3.6.4 Responsive Layout
You can choose some specific existing templates (like PhotoList_Responsive.ascx file) which are based responsive layout, so in combination with responsive skins they will adjust to smartphone and tablet screens. Or you can create other templates according to your responsive skin, to make them look better. For live demo, please visit http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/ResponsiveLayoutSupport.aspx using Firefox, then press ctrl+shift+m to simulate mobile / tablet access.
For example, you can choose to show 4 items per row in PC which has big screen width (e.g, 1900 *1200)
P18 - Responsive layout - normal
When visit with mobile which has small screen width (e.g, iPhone 320 * 480), module will automatic switch to 1 item per row to fit screen width:
P19 - Responsive layout - for iPhone 320 * 480
When visit with tablet (e.g, iPad 768 * 1024), module will automatic switch to 3 items per row to fit screen width.
We have helped a lot customers to create responsive templates before, feel free to contact us if you need more details.
Module offers more than 1000 options to control the layout and functions. Take CrossPhoto_Album sub module as example:
P20 - CrossPhoto_Album settings
By using these options, you can get different layout and functions as your wish. For example:
Please view our live photo gallery demo at
http://DnnModule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/PhotoList.aspx to see more demonstrations.
3.7 Search feature in sub modules, Basic search and advanced search, DNN built-in search integration, SEO Friendly
3.7.1 Search feature is everywhere in all sub modules
1. Provide a stand alone sub module: CrossPhoto_Search, to make search more easily.
2. Add search function in CrossPhoto_Album and CrossPhoto_Photo sub modules.
3. Besides that, you can search by gallery/category/tag/author/date/month by using different sub modules. Like CrossPhoto_Gallery, CrossPhoto_Category, CrossPhoto_Author,..., etc. You can use these sub modules to filter related albums (or photos).
3.7.2 Basic search feature
P22 - Basic search
Basic search works well if you don't have too much records. Visit http://dnnmodule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/AlbumList.aspx for live demo
3.7.3 Advanced search feature to let you specify search conditions based all built-in data fields and custom attributes that you create
P22 - Advanced search
Advanced search works great if you want to allow user search photos based custom attributes. Cross Photo Gallery allows you to specify up to 10 search conditions based custom attributes.
3.7.4 Integrate with DNN built-in search mechanism
In v5.8, we rewrote source code to based the DNN 7.2 new search api. Now Cross Photo Gallery works more effective while integrate with DNN built-in search mechanism. Visit
http://dnnmodule.com/SearchResults.aspx?Search=empire for live demo.
3.7.5 SEO Friendly
A: Add album/photo title to page title while view its detail.
B: Automatic add photo title and its tag to page “keywords”
C: Provide a option “Enable seo friendly url“. If this option is checked, module will generate album/photo detail page url use its title. We strongly recommend client to enable this option if your album/photo title is English.
3.8 Mail, DNN built-in web site map, Google image site map, Google Maps, RSS
3.8.1 Mail integrate
When help ticket / report abuse is submitted..., module will send related mail to author / client.
3.8.2 DNN built-in web site map integrate
As we know, DNN provides a web site map which can be submitted to Google webmaster tools to let Google index your site more easily. It is a great way to improve your site seo.
By default, DNN only list your web pages as site map urls. However, in v5.3, you can also include your photo urls in web site map urls. It is a must do action if you want to your images to be searched more easily.
3.8.3 Google image site map integration to let Google index your photos easily.
Besides web site map, Google also lets you submit image site map to its webmaster tools to let Google index your images easily.
By submitting image site map to Google, you can help Google index your photos more easily. This is a great way to increase your site traffics. Try visit our image site map http://DnnModule.com/DesktopModules/CrossPhoto/ImageSitemap.aspx , you will see how it works.
Note, there is no conflict between your web site map and your Google image site map. We strongly recommend you to submit both of them to Google.
3.8.4 Google Maps integration (new in v5.7)
In v5.7, we add Google Maps support based customer feedback. You can easily show Google Maps with your photo by provide its latitude and longitude. This feature is very helpful if you publish maps related information, like hotel/park...etc.
3.8.5 RSS integration
RSS is everywhere in module, you can subscribe by gallery/category/author/module/month/tag/and module settings. For example, try visit http://DnnModule.com/DesktopModules/CrossPhoto/PhotoRss.aspx?PhotoGalleryId=1 to view our rss.
3.9 Centralized Manage, Online help, Security assure, Localization
3.9.1 Manage all information in 1 module
There are 16 sub-modules in Cross Photo Gallery 6.1 package. But all information (gallery/category/attributes/album/photo/comment/help ticket....) are managed via 1 module - the CrossPhoto_Admin sub module. The other 15 sub modules are all used to display related data.
3.9.2 Online help is everywhere
Instead of write long and complicated help document to explain every detail of this module, we choose to integrate these information directly into module interface.
1. First, we provide detail information for every fields. Whenever you feel confused, click DNN help icon you will see detail explain.
2. For some important information, we directly put help information on module like below
3. We have a user guide document to explain how to use this module. Besides that, we also provide detail help in module to let you read them more easily.
3.9.3 Security assure
Check user input to prevent malice damage (like sql injection, script include, etc). Module also provide security code to prevent comment Spam.
All information in this module is localizable. You can localize them by DNN standard localization feature. If you like, please send us a copy of your localization package at [email protected], we appreciate of your support.
4. Introduce 16 sub modules
There are 16 sub-modules in Cross Photo Gallery v6.1:
1. CrossPhoto_Admin - Manage all data in Cross Article package, you only need 1 instance per portal.
2. CrossPhoto_Silverlight - Show albums/photos with MS Silverlight slideshow.
3. CrossPhoto_Album - Show albums with data list or data grid.
4. CrossPhoto_Photo - Show photos with data list or data grid.
5. CrossPhoto_ListDashboard - Show albums/photos with Adobe Flash slideshow.
6. CrossPhoto_Detail - Show album/photo detail.
7. CrossPhoto_Category - Show categories.
8. CrossPhoto_Search - Provide search function
9. CrossPhoto_TagList - Show tags with data list
10. CrossPhoto_TagDashboard - Show tags with Flash slideshow
11. CrossPhoto_Archive - Show month/date archive navigation
12. CrossPhoto_Author - Show album creators
13. CrossPhoto_Gallery - Show galleries.
15. CrossPhoto_AlbumTab (new in v6.1) - Show albums with JQuery tabs.
16. CrossPhoto_PhotoTab (new in v6.1) - Show photos with JQuery tabs.
Except the "CrossPhoto_Admin" sub module, the other 15 sub modules can be put multiple times on different pages (or on same page), and these 15 sub modules are all template based.
Visit http://DnnModule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/AlbumList.aspx and http://DnnModule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/PhotoList.aspx and to see how these sub module works.
5. Version History
1. Rebuild based DNN 8 platform.
2. CrossPhoto_AlbumTab and CrossPhoto_PhotoTab sub modules added, to show albums/photos with JQuery tabs.
3. Over 20+ JQuery UI css packages added.
2. New slideshow effect added: Owl Carousel.
3. Improve load speed (now runs 20% fast than before).
1. Rebuild based DNN 7.3.
2. New slideshow modes added: Pgw Gallery and Pgw Slider
3. Photo "Link Url" property added
1. Rebuild based DNN 7.2.
2. Setup wizard added.
4. New responsive layout template added
5. More than 30+ improvements based customers’ feedback.
1. Upgrade to DNN 7 platform.
2. Google Maps support.
3. Show photo in rss description
1. Add watermark to user uploaded photos.
2. Share albums/photos between social groups/friends/followers.
6. Try before you buy
We strongly recommend you try this module before you buy. You can
1. View live demo at http://DnnModule.com/Modules/CrossPhotoGallery/PhotoList.aspx.
2. Download trial version at http://DnnModule.com/FreeDownload.aspx.
7. Upgrade policy
All modules from DnnModule.com are customer-driven, we have received many suggestions from our customers since the first release, this module can't be making out without customers help .
As a return to their help, we offer 100% upgrade discount for customer who bought v6.0 before. For other old versions, we provide 80% upgrade discount.
Ms sql server 2008/2010, Ms sql server express 2008/2010
9. Help and support
Read the user guide.doc in the package to see how to use this module
Click the online help link in DNN label to learn its meaning
Using the DNN store help tickets system to submit your question.
Visit our support forum
for more specific problem solution.
Mail us at [email protected]
if you need more directly assistance (or if you have any improvement suggestion)
10. Version Difference
||Enterprise + Source
|Module Source (c#)
|DNN site installation
:1 DNN site installation with unlimited sub portals.
:Unlimited DNN sites installation.
Enterprise + Source
:PA include, Module source include.
:Unlimited DNN sites installation.
Excellent product and amazing support!!! Thank you.
Long user of this photo gallery module, will check the new version features. Thanks.
Module installs easily and works perfectly.
Show More Reviews
Thanks for this good module.